Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Herve's Bar & Grill (compsci.ca) [the only spam topic]
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Last edited by Hacker Dan on Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

i read the fine prints dan
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hotmail Staff wrote:

Dear MSN® Hotmail® Member:

As a valued MSN Hotmail Member, we want you to know that there are some exciting changes coming soon to your account that will help you do more, receive more and store more than ever before. And it's FREE.

That's not all. We're rolling out email antivirus protection as well as enhanced storage to help meet your growing needs. This will make MSN Hotmail, a world class email service that both scans and cleans ingoing and outgoing email for viruses and worms before they enter your inbox.

In addition to delivering world-class antivirus protection, you can also look forward to an upgrade in your storage capacity. In fact, you'll receive 125 times your current email storage with the introduction of a 250 MB inbox as well as the ability to send attachments up to 10 MB.

We'd like to thank you for being a valued MSN Hotmail Member and look forward to telling you about more exciting changes to your Hotmail account in the coming months.

We will send an update on when and how these exciting changes will be made to your account within two weeks. Please check your email for this important update.

Thank you, and enjoy the good news.

MSN Hotmail Member Services

Anyone get that kinda email?
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hotmail Staff wrote:

...This will make MSN Hotmail, a world class email service that both scans and cleans ingoing and outgoing email for viruses and worms before they enter your inbox.

How does outgoing mail end up in your inbox? Razz
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

iunno, ask hotmail Very Happy
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lmao.. thats microsoft practicing the malapropism
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
Last edited by Hacker Dan on Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

i read the fine prints dan

i could remove it Razz
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
templest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, it's about time this b!tch got un-stickied. Like, hell.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

errr.. this was unstickied weeks ago... where have u been? Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i got that email too amailer..

i think hotmail is WORRIED as hell..... all their money from ads and pop ups is gona decrease cuz were going to gmail! Razz Wink

hmm..... we both have gmail and we both got that enail... i wonder if they spying on us... and realize we have gmail... . hmmmm.,.. hmmm.....

anyone else that DONT have gmail get that EMAIL??\

yea.... . cough... HOTMAIL STILL SUCKS!...cough.... it takes so dam long to open emails / open inbox during peak hours.... why bother... gmail is always ISNTANT.... none of this slow webpage shit....

and their spam guard works good..

althought ive only got 2 spam emails sinec i got gmail...
better then my 50 a day on hotmail..

... yea.. dan if u go to edit that post and remove that... wouln't it reapear?
hahheee.... . or do u mean disable it in Admin settings??\ cuz i got that setting on my forum too Razz
templest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
i got that email too amailer..

i think hotmail is WORRIED as hell..... all their money from ads and pop ups is gona decrease cuz were going to gmail! Razz Wink

hmm..... we both have gmail and we both got that enail... i wonder if they spying on us... and realize we have gmail... . hmmmm.,.. hmmm.....

anyone else that DONT have gmail get that EMAIL??\

yea.... . cough... HOTMAIL STILL SUCKS!...cough.... it takes so dam long to open emails / open inbox during peak hours.... why bother... gmail is always ISNTANT.... none of this slow webpage shit....

and their spam guard works good..

althought ive only got 2 spam emails sinec i got gmail...
better then my 50 a day on hotmail..

... yea.. dan if u go to edit that post and remove that... wouln't it reapear?
hahheee.... . or do u mean disable it in Admin settings??\ cuz i got that setting on my forum too Razz

You mean you have to deal with pop-ups and ads? Oh my poor lad. Too bad an "Adblock" plugin hasn't been written for internet explorer. Because here I am with FireFox, and when ever I want to block an add, I right-click it and hit "Block all Ads from this site", and *WHAM*... all gone.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hell no... i use firefox... and b4 i knew of firefox... i used AddKiller by Buypin (100% free) wicked pop up stoper....

still.. i used IE for hotmail... (because MSN opens Ie by default even thought firefox is DEFAULT internet borwser)

stupid M$... but w/e now days i use my hotmail accounts less and less (only to check if someone emailed me there by acident..)
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i blocked all the hotmail ads Very Happy it looks so nice.. except for those stupid flash ads, i can't get rid of them!
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

There's an extension for firefox which I believe prevents all flash animations from playing unless you click on them and allow them to run.
templest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
i blocked all the hotmail ads Very Happy it looks so nice.. except for those stupid flash ads, i can't get rid of them!

AdBlock even adds a little tab on the side of flash animations, so if you want to block them, all you do is click the little ranslucent add and it dissapears and re-arranges the site's layout so that it looks good. Wink
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

does it remove the link with it too?
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 11 of 12  [ 167 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: