Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Recording Streaming Video
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
JayLo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:52 pm   Post subject: Recording Streaming Video

is there a program to record streaming video? i really want to learn this john mayer song but don't want to go through the hassle of going back to the site every time.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there is a program to record your screen which you could use, that is in the_short1's download manager. so if you want it, i forget the url but its pretty cool, and you should get it (dload manager and the program), so just download that and youa re home free.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

get download acceleraor pro, and then when you click the link to play the streamed file , you right click instead and select downlad with DAP ( download accelerator pro ) it will then be on your system , there is a free version of the app on their home site ( just google it ) also you will be able to get it fast because you can mae multiple connections
recneps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or just right click the link to the stream and "save file as..." Wink
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ROFL some sites have it so that you CAN'T directly do that, because of the log in and stuff, you can only open it in a Windows media player, with no tool bars, if you try to save it, you'll either get "not authorized" or a html file lol.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's really pointless how they make those "not authorized" crap Rolling Eyes I mean you're viewing it on your computer already Confused

I really hate those sites that disable the right click Shocked I'd go and smack the creators for their ignorance. I mean all the content is in the temp folder already, I could go and get it all from there, or just take that line out of the HTML header Rolling Eyes

heck - if I want the picture I can just highlight it with mouse and hit Ctrl+C.

grrr Evil or Very Mad
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
JayLo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wicked. onwards ho to rockstardom!
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for sites with no right click all you have to do is:

press the right mouse button and hold it as the prompt comes up and then while still depressing the right mouse button press ok on the prompt and then let go of the right mouse button and you are home free...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

YAY!! my download manager.... thx jonos

yes.... its called hypercam..

second... yes dap kicks AS$.... download with dap works good... although lots need stupid quiktime (Sports illustrated swimsuite vidoes for instance... ) Sad Sad

anyways... u dont need dap full version to be able to download with dap and download them streaming videos...

but.... the pro version lets u download at 'extreme' speed... and that one little banner goes away... along with that lightbuilb...
meh.... i got the version before this new one came out... and i got it pro afied.... hehehe Wink
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: