Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 file upload HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:53 pm   Post subject: file upload HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

ok i got this hosting, domain,etc....
http://boobnewb.com/forum is the address to the problem
it's a phpbb forum...
but when i try uploading files(for example avatars) here's what it gives me...

Quote:
Warning: move_uploaded_file(./images/avatars/1979652398407736a3afc8b.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wwwboob/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpKDqgEZ' to './images/avatars/1979652398407736a3afc8b.jpg' in /home/wwwboob/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wwwboob/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/wwwboob/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wwwboob/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/wwwboob/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wwwboob/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/wwwboob/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 477

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

set your avatar file permissions to CHMOD 777 (i think that's the righ one ofr linux) (/images/avatar/)
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nvm...thx for feed back tho
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
set your avatar file permissions to CHMOD 777 (i think that's the righ one ofr linux) (/images/avatar/)

You should modify that a bit. You dn't need to be granting execute privileges for an image. Doing so opens up security issues if someone wanted to do something nasty like naming an evil shell script the same thing you name your image. Smile
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

set the permissions on the directory to 777 .. although, you might be able to get away with 755 or maybe even 700 .. not sure how webservers treat the client connections :/
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
Amailer wrote:

You should modify that a bit. You dn't need to be granting execute privileges for an image. Doing so opens up security issues if someone wanted to do something nasty like naming an evil shell script the same thing you name your image. Smile

agr, i said file i ment folder (why file?) lol
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PaddyLong wrote:
set the permissions on the directory to 777 .. although, you might be able to get away with 755 or maybe even 700 .. not sure how webservers treat the client connections :/

Generally as "world", rather than "owner" or "group". You do not want to give the world execute privileges to an entire folder. That should be decided on a file by file basis.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for writing to the directory you need wx on it. 733 not 755, donno why I said 5 before

and you need read (444) on the file...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: