Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Robotics Competition
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:51 pm   Post subject: Robotics Competition

Went to the FIRST regional at Mississauga for the past 3 days. It was really fun actually. Massey came in 55th out of like 75 teams (yeah, we sucked). But still, it was a really good experience, considering it was the first time for me being there.

Who else went to this competition, what place did you guys get, and what how was it for you?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

our school was going to participate but it's too cheap Laughing . we are participating in the skillz canada competition though... and we also did the micromania competition and we came in second for that. next year we will be first Smile. we did well in micromania because it was mostly to do with programming, and i was the programmer Laughing

-zylum
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woot! woot!
our school, WCI,
despite the fact that we had 13 ppl (some had 50), and we are not rich as some of the other teams (teams from US), and had lower technology than some, our team still came in 6th place with 7wins and 1 loss!~! woot!
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sigh, i could have gone to that school Crying or Very sad
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wat school do u go to?
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WO (waterloo oxford, it is close to WCI)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian wrote:
Woot! woot! our school, WCI

Waterloo Collegiate Institute?

What was your robot called? And what did it specialize in?

Ours tried to push balls, and tried for the autonomous mode for knocking the ball down. Notice I said, tried......

I remember 1 game, where we were partnered up with like team 22 or something, our robot didn't do anything, it didn't even move, but we still won that game, because our partner was pro.

speaking of no money, I still think our school robotics team was the most underfunded team ever. We had to take a loan to pay for the entrance fee to enter the competition and then pay it back....
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:

Waterloo Collegiate Institute?

What was your robot called? And what did it specialize in?

I dunno, I wasn't in it lol. But every one was really excited today, and we're all pround of our school... our team supposably got some rookie inspirational whatnot award lol
AsianSensation wrote:

speaking of no money, I still think our school robotics team was the most underfunded team ever. We had to take a loan to pay for the entrance fee to enter the competition and then pay it back....

lol wow...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: