Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 what do i need
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:28 pm   Post subject: what do i need

ok i was wanting to see some of the progs everyone was making, and java seems similar to c++ so i thought it wouldn't hurt to have at it.

so waht do i need:
i have jcreator
and i downloaded a documentation thing form java that was around 40 megs, but im not sure if i need the developer kit (do ihave to download that also). thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If you want to compile Java source code to Java bytecode (.class files) you'll need the Java Development Kit. To run compiled Java progras you'll only need the Java Runtime Environment.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok i got that, and my IDE wanted a folder, so i gave it that folder, but it still won't compile and i can't run the prog... is there something that im supposed to do...
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you have it instaled right then you have to set up JCreator's setings up for the compiler.

if you go to configer -> options -> JDK profiles

there should be a list of profiles for the compiler in the text box like thing, if there are none you have it set up wrong. To add a new profile u hit new and then put in the path to the main directory of the JDK and if it is set up right it should aucamity find all the libs and other paths it needs from that. at this point u can add any other libs and stuff by hiting add on the rigth tab. then hit ok and it should a profile listed in that box thing, hit apply and now when u compile it should work if you code is any good.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: