Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Blitz Basic Intro
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:38 pm   Post subject: Blitz Basic Intro

BlitzBasic is a Basic language totally geared towards producing 3D games. It is capable of producing good 1st person shooters, such as Unreal Tournament. There are games on the shelf making money that are made in BlitzBasic.

You can download the demo to blitzbasic here
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Products/demos.php

Here is a link to a good BlitzBasic site. Good forums, good tutorials.
http://BlitzCoder.com

One thing that should be noted: the demo is very poor in the way of tutorials. We've got a good number of tutorials on here though, many from Blitz3D with elaboration. If you are serious about learning Blitz, PM Shorthair.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shorthair also knows a lot about Blitz Basic so go and talk to him also if you have any questions.

I wonder why he hasn't posted in here yet, he really wanted this thread/forum thing
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You should try promoting blitz basic more, cause I think its more or less just you three on this board Very Happy where jonos can spam without getting caught.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i haven't done blitz in about 2 weeks, cause cough cough shorthair isn't helping me with my problem cough cough cough. and the problem with blitz, there is no freeware compiler, so the main source of blitz is shorthair and me and cervantes and now maverick. so if you want it...
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul your done gr 10 compsci right?
do you know: arrays? 2D arrays? types? records?
I think that that's the only stuff of gr 11 that I know right now (no GUI, no file stuff...) and Blitz is fine to learn. It's not difficult code.
If you want to learn any of those 4 things up there I can teach you, if you want Blitz, PM shorthair.
and you're right. we definately need more ppl learning Blitz. I can't comprehend why ppl aren't jumping to learn it! I was! I was skipping around my house when I first got blitz!! 8)

jonos-> what's your problem? is it the problem of collision data?
i'm gunna clean this thread up when this discussion is done, so don't worry.
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my whole ball movement and and that, but i could probably fix it, i just don't have the patience, and its kind of boring. maybe im just expecting people to write my code for me, which is wrong, so maybe i will try to work it out :/
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if by ball movement and that you mean making the ball move through space with gravity and direction and velocity applied to it, check out Homer's Tutorial.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
Paul your done gr 10 compsci right?

No, Im in WCI, a non semestered school, supposeable the best school in the region, or so they say, a 85% here = a 90% elsewhere. But we're the only non semestered school in the region, so 8 courses all week all year. Im only half way or 2/3 way thru grade 10 compsci. dunno what types or records are.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

types and records are gr 11. so are arrays.
types aren't difficult to learn. Read the help file and you're set.

Anyways, want to learn Blitz? Very Happy8)Wink
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mod Edit :Im warning you one last time about spam Jonos , it starting to get on my nerves , you spam in all the popular Blitz Threads , ad im sick of deleting your posts , KEEP THE SPAM IN SPAM , im trying ( with cervanted ) to keep this forum clean , so please try to help and not make things harder
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: