Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Game]Shooters
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um sounds good too, OR (i duno if its possible, but i believe u can do it Very Happy ) u can hav: 1. a human vs computer (given the option of whether to go against one or two computer), 2. a human vs human, AND 3. two humans against two computer Laughing

but firstly i think u should make the AI easier, so that people can actualy play aginst computer , i agree changing it so that the computer "stop and fire at a distance and avoid incoming bullets, instead of what I have now, the AI closing in on you and hunting your @$$ off."

i bet ya it'll be ULTIMATE when completed
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
omni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

anyone know where I can get pictures of people from a top down perspective, (8 directions) I want to make the game look somewhat better?
If not then feel the wrath of my |\|00|8 ish drawings.
gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wut do u mean "people from a top down perspective, (8 directions)"??
omni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you know how in my game, the 'people' you move around are just boxes and sticks? I want to change that. And you can move in 8 directions if you didn't know that, which is why (8 directions).
Viewing the people from a "birds eye view" would let you be able to see the direction you are firing in.
gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but in real life if u were to view people in birdeyeview, u'll probably just see kinda like a rectnagle (from shoulder to shoulder) with a circle in middle (head) nothin reli special, but then u can add the guy holdin the guy too
omni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not an EXACT birds eye view, you guys know how the person was displayed in Pokemon, the GameBoy game? thats the kind of view I want.
gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o.... then just dl the emulator n rom play the game n take screenshot of him moving in different angels, lol that does work, not nessessary pokemon but dl rpg games n get a cool lookin guy, then simply import the pics in turin

if u think thats stupid or bad graphics (hey, still better than the box n stick u havin now) then i duno wut u can do
gamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

omni, so hav u been improvin u game rite now??
cuz i reli wanna see the final product Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Deshwitat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heh nice game, a little bit to the fast side...but overall nicely done..
omni

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

trying to rearrange the code so then I user can choose the mode they want, Haven't done any real improvements. Been spending more time on working on AI.
I've decided to choose this as my final project for class, and I have a partner to work with. So I don't really want to go TOO far, or my partner might get lost.
gamer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well how do u even make ai??if ya tell me maybe i can help alittle n try it out myself too
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u have it move around, and have it shoot u some times, by that I mean animated shooting and deduction of health?
omni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AI is obviously different for each game you make. For my game, you want it to do what PAUL BIAN said. You basically teach the program how to play your game. Should your AI move around, or should it make decisions? Should it shoot you, or protect you? Do you want it to constantly aim and shoot at you, or back away and shoot at you.
My AI is basically a whole bunch of if statements.
gamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oic....thnx for teachin me this
the_one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow gamer u get wut they ar sayin?
teach me too
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 8  [ 118 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: