Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I really hate cops...
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
poly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:31 pm   Post subject: I really hate cops...

Last night I went to the store just to get milk and I got pulled over by a piggy. I was being charged with 5 different things: Reckless driving, blowing a stop sign, violating the COmmunity Safety Zone law or something, carrying to ID's on me (had my g1 and g2 on me) and some other thing which i do not remember.

He asks me to get out of the car and asked "How much am I going to find on you" (meaning drugs), I said there was none on me, he asked again and I gave him the same reply. He did this because he saw the that i have an image of a weed plant on a wallet and he mentioned that and I explained to him it was just a friggen wallet. He than said something like "You do, do it so how much am I going to find in the car". I didn't like how he just assumed that i did it, and than he searched the car. He than asked where I was going, i told him to pick a friend up and he said "Are you going to pick some pot up?" and i laughed and said no.

He than told me to get back into my car and came back witht he ticket and he said "Alright you seem like a nice kid and your record is clean so Im not going to charge you with anything other than blowing a stop sign." (which i never did, i wasnt being reckless or anything, it was probably the end of his shift, didnt meet his quota on tickets and i was a kid so i was a good target, like fuck come on how reckless can you get in a neon?) Than he went back into his car....Wow I really like it how first he's searching and harassing me over where the drugs are than he says that im a good kid. I did give him a bit of a peice of my mind, but held back big time anyway the moral of my story.... if your young and you get pulled over by a cop and hassled don't take it, give him a peice of your mind!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Where abouts is Shelburne, Ontario?

Also I don't think that they have quotas for giving out tickets...
poly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its about 1 hour north of shelburne, cops down here have nothing to do with there time...and when there needed to settle disputes amongst the drunks in the town there no where to be found
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

don't pay it, go and fucking piss off to them. or next time, on a really busy street with multiple lanes, get your friends to all drive all in a line (across the lanes) and drive exactly at the speed limit, and everyone will slow down. now thats protesting. cops can be dicks, some cop almost arrested me when i skateboarded because there was some litter next to me and i didn't pick it up.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
drive exactly at the speed limit, and everyone will slow down.

if you're to piss people off - do that on 407 Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, thats where i got it from. this guy was pulled over on the 401/407 (whatever one), and other people were speeding and he was pissed off that they chose him to pull over, so the next day him and 2 of his friends went across the three lanes and drove exactly at the speed limit all the way past toronto, and it was backed up. the cops then charged them with obstructing traffic, so they complianed to the media and made a big stink and they got off (and he didn't have to pay his speeding tickedt)/
poly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh ya Im taking the ticket to court...its harrassment and i didnt need it
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sh!tty deal.... blowing a stop sign... i assume not stoping???
... that is why u dont keep a pot leaf on ur wallet.. Wink Smile Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

he said he didn't blow it though.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
... that is why u dont keep a pot leaf on ur wallet.. Wink Smile Very Happy

if they legalize the real stuff, does it really matter to keep a picture? Freedom of Speech man (Sorry, I only know the American Constitution and stuff...heheh, payed too little attention in Canada History)
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually i think cops do have quotas. Since the province has a $5 billlion dept theyre being force to be stricter on speeding and driver crap. Most cops are good but then theres those power happy dumbasses
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you can recognise the dude, then go to the local Cop Store and talk to his supervisor...cops be known for giving kids a hard time just coz their bored.
See what his super says, most likely he'll take the cop's word over your's; but you can at least have your word.
And if you do take it to court...be ready for a long wait...courts can get quite full dealing w/ minor misdemeanours etc.
Otherwise...yes...cops can be 'off'...ah well.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LMAO, heres the trick, many many ppl do it. Go to court to argue this ticket, then plead guilty, you'll get your ticket reduced by half, my dad did it Razz
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya hate cops, eh? When I read the topic name I actually thought you might be referring to the show. Either way, you may find this interesting.
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, thats pretty funny, i saw that a while ago so i haven't seen the other parts.

abuse of power. but wehave to remember that law and order is what makes our country safe, so we'd have anarchy without law enforcement, but like in apples, you'll always get bad ones in a bunch (unless to pick all the bad ones out at first).
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: