Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Splicing Flash Movies
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:35 pm   Post subject: Splicing Flash Movies

Is there a way to combine two seperatr Flash Movies(two seperate files) into one Movie?? For example I have made an Introduction to go infront of all my flash movies. How would I put it so the intro played and then the movie started when they are seperate files. (put them into one file)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

can't you paste it as a new scene? Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol thats my problem. i am a real newb at flash and I do not know how to do that. Very Happy
zylum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think there is a way in actionscript, i think its something like 'loadMovie(filename)" or something like that, never used it before but im sure that something very similar to that exists. check the reference. (you are using mx right?)

edit: if you're going to import the movie off a website then use

code:

loadMovie("url', MC)

where url is where the movie is located and MC is the movieclip you want the movie to be attached to

if you import the movie into your library (will make the final movie size bigger) then you could use:

code:

attachMovie(idName,newName,depth)

where idName is the id name you gave the movie in the library and newName is what you want the new movieclip to be called and depth is the depth of the new movieclip which contains the movie

-zylum
josh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanx for the help. I tried copying and pasting it into a new scene but the trouble is that I havr a different background colour in the intro then I want in my movie and when I chnge that background colour it effects all the scenes. Is there a way to stop this???
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

can't you just stick a colored box in the background and make it whatever color you want?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
josh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If I do that when it plays in the browser it will have another big white box around the outside of the intro. Belive me I tried. I will do it that way if their is no other way but I was jsut wondering if there was a more proffesional and neater way to do it.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: