Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PHP 5 final release
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: PHP 5 final release

http://www.php.net
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yup, and... my project doesn't work with it :S
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, anyone know what is hte 'new' way for PHP 5 to use HTTP_GET_VARS and etc? is it _GET (like php4)?

Thanks
JHanson90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
Hey, anyone know what is hte 'new' way for PHP 5 to use HTTP_GET_VARS and etc? is it _GET (like php4)?

The long array names ('register_long_arrays' in the php.ini) is set to Off by default for PHP 5.0.x. This is talking about $HTTP_GET_VARS and related HTTP array variables. You can set it to On, or use the shorter versions ($_GET, $_POST, $_ENV, $_SERVER, etc.). It's recommended that you use the shorter versions, not only because it will increase performance, but also because they are visible from within your function definitions; the longer ones aren't.
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

JHanson90 wrote:
Amailer wrote:

The long array names ('register_long_arrays' in the php.ini) is set to Off by default for PHP 5.0.x. This is talking about $HTTP_GET_VARS and related HTTP array variables. You can set it to On, or use the shorter versions ($_GET, $_POST, $_ENV, $_SERVER, etc.). It's recommended that you use the shorter versions, not only because it will increase performance, but also because they are visible from within your function definitions; the longer ones aren't.

Oh wow... I didn't realize I could hate PHP even more than I already did.
JHanson90

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What's to hate?
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The hackish nature of the language. Smile
Craige

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
The hackish nature of the language. Smile

It's improving upon it's self without throwing users of the previous version out in the rain. Not sure what's to hate there. Yes all the outdated things that linger around are annoying, but keep the language as widely usable as possible.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: