Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Artreality.com
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:33 pm   Post subject: Artreality.com

http://www.artreality.com/
Shocked A friend of mine showed me this site today and all i can say is...this guy... 1. Has no life, 2. Is PRO...

That whole site is done with pure CSS, that's right pure CSS... The images are created in CSS, the animation is done in CSS; everything Shocked The only thing that I can see that isn't created in CSS is the background... but other then that.... its crazy XD
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

he totally doesn't know how to make a portfolio site though. It screams "anyone - hire me NOW!", but then he goes ahead and talks about his cat, The Simpsons, clowns...
Quote:

I like:
"¢ T** my crazy feral cat I got in Utah & my wife's cat M*****
"¢ Halo 2 with XBConnect (why do all other XBox games suck!?)
"¢ Cleaning supply fumes
"¢ Imitating Golem's voice from Lord of the Rings

That guy was certanly high when he wrote up that description. And why would he censor out his cat's name, but put up his phone number.. twice!
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
"¢ Imitating Golem's voice from Lord of the Rings

*sigh*
Can't people learn to spell Gollum right?

But hey, I like to imitate Gollum's voice too. Like just the other day:
Cervantes wrote:

Paul wrote:

I hates them

I hates them! I hates them, I do's.

We hates thems...
[/Smeagol]

Wink
brenn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can DO that with CSS? O_O wow.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well you're essensially giving a style to each pixel, and have it be in different style. If you look at his page's code, it has stuff like
code:

<div id=ad3></div>
<div id=d1></div>
<div id=d2></div>
<div id=d3></div>
<div id=d4></div>
<div id=d7></div>
<div id=d8></div>
<div id=d77></div>
<div id=d78></div>
<div id=d81></div>

just lines after lines of blank rows
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What part of that is CSS? I'm seeing a bunch of .gif images there.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh yeah, lol Laughing

Well he used < style > to place those gif immages... actually that's not even CSS - I mean, he has no included CSS files, it's all hardcoded into the page. He's also extensivly using JavaScript and has a pretty bad naming going on in his style. Overall it's an idea, but it could have been done so much better.

brenn wrote:
O_O wow

I don't see what you're so impressed with Confused
md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Really it's just dumb; why would you go to all that trouble with CSS when you could just make an image? It actually increases load time because the extra code is bigger then the image would be; and he's still loading images for hte pixels!

Sure it's neat that he did it, but it's certainly not very impressive; 'tis just a waste of time for something easily accomplished in much faster and better ways.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: