Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Beginning of File Transfer program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
recneps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: Beginning of File Transfer program

Im trying to make a program that i can use to transfer files to friends without using slow MSN transfer Very Happy anyways, here is the first part of it, which simply takes a file, reads it line by line, adn then writes it into another file line by line. (im still working on sending it line by line over net)
If anyone could help me with net id appreciate, im thinking its not possible, because you have to put/get dont you? Anyway, check it out Smile

filetransfer.t
 Description:
Filetransfer beginning stages -- no net yet.

Download
 Filename:  filetransfer.t
 Filesize:  1.05 KB
 Downloaded:  311 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing is not the idea language for net ... but i see this as being very doable.... check out some of the Chat programs made (search compsci) or in turing examples i think there's on there too... and maybe try to modify it into ur code.,.,.,., with them in credits,...
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh well, boredom. Check out the Chat Program in the Help menu. Then instead of sending a single character, do sumthin like this:
code:

if hasch then
get text
put:netStream,text

then on the other side
code:

if Net.LineAvailable then
get:netStream,text
put text
end if

easy isnt it
sport

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shorthair did a chat and than he wanted to do the FT program, the basic answer to your question is that you have to use processes, but you should find the source code of a chat and see more about how it is done.
recneps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have the beginnings of it in turing help, but immguessing its not possible (except for text files) because i haventy been able to read/write over net
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

YOU CAN write binary to file line at a time... probaly...
download the netchat program and then... make a .exe of it... run that... and run the .t in turing..

then you can connect to your own computer and try to send a file...
that program asks your for a phrase to send...

ok...
you got it to read a file line at a time... then modify the netchat program to instead of asking the user to enter a phrase to send to another computer....

remove
get yourmessage

and change to
yourmessage := 'line from that file variable'

and voila its DONE... pretty shure that works... and hope this helps u... i gota use this... hope its fast... and small....(hope you can condense code)
recneps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have all that stuff (its in turing help) but i always get an incompatible stream number (even without the get/put) it works with get/put butnot read/write.
Canadian Rob

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

We got a program to work to trasfer text files also.. but we cant fig out the exe files and stuff.. have you figed out anything yet?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

its a good start keep it up, i look forward to seeing this updated
(bitage goes up) Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: