Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Is there anywehre taht u can....
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:50 pm   Post subject: Is there anywehre taht u can....

is there a place taht i can download a new version of VB??? is it free?? Wink
i want to learn it soon and make some small little appz/////

also... is the VB help file good or am i going to have to read a lot of tutorials here and maybe borrow a book from library...????

Thanks...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well VB is not free in sence that you'd have to pay money to pick it up at the store... a lot of money Confused But hey, what do you think internet is for? Laughing

as for the help files - you mean MSDN. www.msdn.microsoft.com though there's an offline version. The help file is huge but its writen by microsoft so it makes no sence. I'd say it's equivalent to turing's F8 function Laughing

And yeah, don't worry... we'll help you learn VB 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i was hinting that if someone could let me 'borrow' ehhehe Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

get into P2P... add me to your MSN and I'll see if I could help you to purchase the software you need
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Unfortunatly its $500 but my friend is burning forr free. Very Happy
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you have cable right short? you can dload studio 6 in a pretty short time (you'd better leave your comp on all night though), but its pretty big, yo umay just want vb, but studio comes with vc++ and some other programs which i don't know about. try to get vb .net because i heard that its a lot better and a lot different that 6.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am curently shopping on kazaa for a good deal.... what is the BEST version of VB.???? also..... i have minimal HD space...
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well its ether 6 or .Net... I hear they're somewhat different. If you plan on continuing on using VB, you might as well get the .Net one, since it will continue on in that direction
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i found it on Kazaa.... VB 6... 79 megs (and like 30) users so its gona be fast dl and a good version..... i will have to wait till i get my second HD installed.... (1gig more) czu i dont got much HD space left....... thx tho......
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: