Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mozilla
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Well maybe if you'd stop clicking on links that would give you alot of popups, like links on warezforum???

lmao shhh keep that quiet you.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i just switched from IE to firefox... it RIPS... it takes little to NO HD space... and having the tabs is HANDY and saves PC speed by not having to have multiple windows open.... and pop up stopper to boot.. i LIKE i like it A LOT...

i think IE is going down.... unless IE does something BIg and changes...
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

IE is not going down, it went down when it came out ;D
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The only thing IE has going for it is newbies and lazy/ignorant people. Because most families that buy computers these days don't actually know alot about computers, they end up getting something geared towards people like them. And that means pre-packaged with WindowsXP. And I remember hearing somewhere that WindowsXP was made by Microsoft who just happens to be the same people responsible for unleashing IE upon us. Turns out Microsoft has something against people not using their stuff. Like, I remember hearing about how their was code in the Windows OS way back that would make other browsers run like crap on it.
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya... you can't get windows updates with out IE :S
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Need IE 6 for 3DS Max to work too. Found that one out while trying to install, quit the download, got IE 6 and installed it, then tried to install 3dsmax again and only then did it tell me I needed Windows 2000 NT or Windows XP. Lousy win me... Evil or Very Mad
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I never knew that......works for me---
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What version of windows do you have? Also, what version of 3dsmax ?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

XP PRO, 6
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... my one grief is.. i cant get rid of IE... i read up on firefox and it cant support Windows Media player 6.4 .... cuz i got win98... and i dont like the v 7,8,9 cuz they are slow... and sh1tty...

so yea... taht and my step mom's site for Canada Post (where she works) has realy messed up frames in firefox... but i like the tabs and the image blocker,.,. and pop up stopper..... i already blocked like 10 pictures from pplz sigs or avatars.... i almost blocked one from my self tho (shaw)... the main one i wanted to do was homers... its just too big..
zylum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i tried mozilla and hated it... it's like a cheap rip off of netscape 7.1... because of that experience im reluctant to try firefox Sad

i still think netscape 7.1 is the best... no popups, high speed and it looks cool too..

-zylum
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well you can unblock them anytime.
Also sites that don't work on mozilla, it will not work on any other browser-- just IE Evil or Very Mad
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lately i havent been able to access compsci.ca on IE only Mozilla. Weird!
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea..??? thats some weird stuff... i dont use netscape... i tried it once... like maybe v4... and i hated it... it didn't work good... firefox is much better and is not based on a title screen like netscape was..

Second Greifence: I had to install a new shockwave and flash... that means it takes even more HD space... bummer...
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just face it people,
Mozilla/FireFoX is 10x better then IE ;D
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 48 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: