Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 From Turing to FreeBasic
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
scholarlytutor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:21 pm   Post subject: From Turing to FreeBasic

For anyone thinking about which language they can transition to after they've learned the fundamentals in Turing, I recommend taking a look at FreeBasic. For anyone who doesn't know, BASIC is actually a very large group of languages, most of which were created before Turing. As far as I can tell, FreeBasic is the most modern version of Basic, it receives regular updates, and has an active community on freebasic.net.

The reason I'm recommending FreeBasic is because it shares a lot of similarities with Turing; indeed, even though Turing is technically a 'Pascal-like' language, I'm sure the makers of Turing were influenced by the Basic languages. FreeBasic, like Turing, is very wordy: It uses no semi-colons at the end of a line and no curly braces to start a block of code. Also, you can make graphics in FreeBasic (boxes, circles, etc) quite easily as you don't need to import any packages to get started.

To date, I've only dabbled in FreeBasic, but I'm definitely a fan of its power and syntax. So, to anyone who's intrigued, here's every basic FreeBasic program (get it?) I've made to get you started. They've all been compiled.

If you want to make your own FreeBasic and compile them: You need to download fbIDE to write code (which I've attached), and FreeBasic itself from freebasic.net to compile your programs (which I will not attach because you should download the most recent version).

Cheers!

freebasic_allmyfiles.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  freebasic_allmyfiles.zip
 Filesize:  265.69 KB
 Downloaded:  179 Time(s)

FBIde0.4.6r4.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FBIde0.4.6r4.zip
 Filesize:  2.99 MB
 Downloaded:  185 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: