Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What is it like working in the computer science industry?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mountain123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:27 pm   Post subject: What is it like working in the computer science industry?

I am a high school student from Ontario and one of my assignments for my computer science class is to interview someone about Post Secondary Opportunities.

If anyone working in the computer science field could answer my questions, it would be greatly appreciated!

What does a typical workday look like for you? What tasks do you have to complete, and what is your role in your workplace?

How do you think your job affects the environment? Are there any measures in place to save energy, lower the use of resources or any other environmental measures?

What schooling did you do to attain your position?? How did you start out and how did you get where you are today?

If you could also include proof that you work in the industry that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:43 am   Post subject: RE:What is it like working in the computer science industry?

no one loves you, sure you have fun sometimes but after a while, deadlines mean deadlines and if your to dumb to fix the problem your gunna have a bad week...

take it from me from scrum meetings etc with the boss and team, at that point, sure you feel dumb as fuck, but be honest, say why you cant do it, and do some reasearch (yeah take a paid day) to confirm why you can not to it under the restrictions they set.

they'll after say sorry, pay for software or easy 3rd party software after tested, and give you icecream! u gotta be so thourough tho, and have a tought spine, own what you know, and what you don't.... the company hates fakes...

one time they asked me to do some 3rd party patch to co-mingle some old and new applications and i just told them no, they paid 100+hr for a professional to do it, because at least, i am not one. if you waste their time and money, thats what they hate.

my tip : do what you can, and do it well, always be honest, because they will fire you otherwise.... probly..??

i can give you real case examples, was for great west life, canada. insurance company. let me know!!! PS they treat their employers so good, high pay, free gym, and random food events!!
raysosher

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 12:49 am   Post subject: Re: What is it like working in the computer science industry?

It depends on at what sector you are in and what job you are doing. Suppose you are in a company where you have the responsibility to diagnose software if there are some bugs and all. You have to do a lot of work and there are never ending bugs. You cannot be free at all. Most of the time you will find yourself busy developing the software rather than fixing it. Your boss will always show you news updates and you and your team will be the one to accomplish it.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: