Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Help] [Blitz] Plotting Points
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: [Help] [Blitz] Plotting Points

While working on SV, I was experiencing mild anger.

Laughing

Is there any way to change the way that the coord system works? I know the origin command, but that doesn't do everything. I want it like turing, cuz I'm so used to Turing. Anyways, either way, do other languages use the same system as blitz? or turing? or something totally different that is meant soley to confuse poor ol' cervantes Mad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

are you talking about how the (0, 0, 0) is in the middle of the run window?

there may be a function or something to change that but im not sure. i was totally confused at the beginning because i was trying to position everything how turing is, and iu didn't know about it being how it is. for 3d its kindof easier though.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ooh.. well in 2D (0,0) is at the top left-hand corner. increasing x moves you to the right and increasing y moves you down. in turing (0,0) is at the bottom left; increasing x moves you to the right, increasing y moves you up.
It's not a big problem, it just kinda screws up all the formulas that I'm bringing from Turing (such as projectile movement and jumping).
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, yeah i remember now when we were doing the dots contest and whatnot (unofficially). yeah thats screwed up.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: