Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Simple Driving Simulator
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
sakibur001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:28 pm   Post subject: Simple Driving Simulator

Hi, im an amateur with turing and coding so I tried my best to create a driving simulator for my final project. Please take a look at it and give me any feedback, i believe it also has an error at the end after you play it once and try to exit but the game still works. Criticize my work if you you'd like to. thanks

Mod Edit: A DMCA take down notice filed by Sakibur Rahman was issued on this post. The full text of which can be found here. The notice was deemed invalid and the content was not removed, however, this content could be removed in the future.

Driving Sim.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Driving Sim.zip
 Filesize:  1.17 MB
 Downloaded:  369 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
5c0r910n

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:15 am   Post subject: Re: Simple Driving Simulator

Very nice for an amateur, honestly this is a lot better then what I did for my grade 10 final. You did a good job on organizing your code. Next time don't feel bad to just go on creative commons and borrow some images for your projects, it's make your game a lot more enjoyable. Also I'm very happy you didn't take the cowards route and just make a trivia game. However, as I'm sure you already know, the movement in this game is very clunky, the sounds are very annoying and the graphics are very displeasing.
sakibur001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Simple Driving Simulator

5c0r910n @ Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:15 am wrote:
Very nice for an amateur, honestly this is a lot better then what I did for my grade 10 final. You did a good job on organizing your code. Next time don't feel bad to just go on creative commons and borrow some images for your projects, it's make your game a lot more enjoyable. Also I'm very happy you didn't take the cowards route and just make a trivia game. However, as I'm sure you already know, the movement in this game is very clunky, the sounds are very annoying and the graphics are very displeasing.

What do you mean by the movement is very clunky? Graphics very displeasing??? The sounds are supposed to make you annoyed every time you hit something.
5c0r910n

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Simple Driving Simulator

sakibur001 @ Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:08 pm wrote:

What do you mean by the movement is very clunky? Graphics very displeasing??? The sounds are supposed to make you annoyed every time you hit something.

I just found the movement and graphics not nearly as smooth as I'm used to, but of course I do realize that this is a turing game made a one person and these type of things are very hard to fix. And now i do see you point on the sounds
sakibur001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Simple Driving Simulator

5c0r910n @ Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:47 pm wrote:

I just found the movement and graphics not nearly as smooth as I'm used to, but of course I do realize that this is a turing game made a one person and these type of things are very hard to fix. And now i do see you point on the sounds

Hmmm, they seem really smooth on my laptop though, but I know tht the opening scene with the animation is not smooth, but the actual game is smooth in my opinion.
sakibur001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Simple Driving Simulator

5c0r910n @ Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:47 pm wrote:

Also one question, what mark would you give this, out of 100%, be honest, i dont care if its not tht high of a mark.
5c0r910n

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Simple Driving Simulator

Well, I'm assuming your in grade ten. This project is original and its easy to see that you didn't just pick the easiest idea that came to mind. The game was fun to learn, although a bit frustrating. I'd say this earns somewhere around 84-92, although i'm not an expert about grade 10 fine projects so...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: