Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Business Informatics, good idea? i need help
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
justin6768

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 pm   Post subject: Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

Alright so ive been accepted to waterloo mcmaster and uoft for computer science. Am i really at a disadvantage if i choose Mcmaster for business informatics, here is a program description: http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/cas/business/

I think it suits me perfectly and i really like the school. Also, I am confident in my abilities in both computer science and Business.

I know waterloo is king but wont i still get a good job out of Mcmaster? thanks for any help guys
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

If you like the school and the program is something that you would enjoy pursuing, then that is where you should go.

Waterloo wouldn't do you much good if you don't find yourself comfortable with what it has to offer.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
pure_playaz

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

justin,

I have also been accepted to mcmaster's business informatics program. After months of research I have come to the conclusion that this is the place for me, and yesterday afternoon I accepted my offer to Mac's business informatics program. As stated before, there is a huge demand with IT people with both business and computer science skills (which you can only obtain at Mcmaster, at the moment). My advice to you is, do wut u feel will benefit you the most. I know for a fact that University of Toronto's computer science program is extremely difficult (ive seen friends who have dropped out), and Waterloo's is also pretty hard, but again it is a decent school, however you wont get a mixture of business in it , and even if you do take businss courses as electives..it wont show up on ur degree.

good luck!
justin6768

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

Nice job man, im still going back and forth but im going to waterloo this saturday and then i will decide. Mac is a sweet place especially the campus and vibe.

btw what was your average? and congrats
pure_playaz

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

my average was around 85 or so, hey do u know any other people who are also interested in this program?
coreyxjessica

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:13 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

pure_playaz @ Sat May 24, 2008 3:17 pm wrote:
my average was around 85 or so, hey do u know any other people who are also interested in this program?

I've been accepted into CS I and I'm considering going into the Business Informatics program for three reasons. 1. I'd have a ton of places where I could work after graduation. 2. They are coming out with a Masters program in 2010 which is 1 year and offers an accelerated MBA. 3. I mostly want to be a teacher and this would allow me to teach two subjects that I find interesting.
pure_playaz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:33 am   Post subject: Re: Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

hey,

yeah, ur plan seems really good..i guess i`ll see u in september Cool
Lana

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:47 am   Post subject: RE:Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

I would like to apply for this program for fall 2010
but I have soooo many questions before that..
I'm looking for anyone who is doing his Business Informatic ptogram in Mcmaster.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wmano

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:29 am   Post subject: RE:Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

justin6768 I believe that you should go to it if you live the place and the program as tony said. Also justin6768 can I know what your average was?
Superskull85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:34 am   Post subject: RE:Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

Well first year at McMaster for both Computer Science and Business Informatics the same except for the two business courses you have to take to get into the Honours Business Informatics in second year. I posted a thread concerning Computer Science and McMaster University.

I am about to enter second year Computer Science 1 at McMaster. I like the school, and find that the easy going of first year really helps me to get settled. But again you should pick the school that suits you best.
fortasse

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 am   Post subject: Re: Business Informatics, good idea? i need help

I am just thinking of going business informatics. Do you suggest it or not?
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: