Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Request a Tutorial
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:06 am   Post subject: Request a Tutorial

Alright, I'm stealing rizzix's idea (hope you don't mind, rizzix). Since there are quite many people who would like to learn turing, but finds the help manual incapabable of explaining something, post what you want to know, hopefully, me (or someone else) will write up a tutorial dealing with what you want to learn.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Lol.....hmmm.....how bout a tutorial about how to create a server that connects to multiple clients, sending/receiving about 5-20 variables every time a command has been entered? Razz I actually do really need a tutorial on that..(well actually my underlings do..hehe)
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I see alot of posts on saving and loading of data to/from a file. maybe you could make one on that?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alrite, I have to admit, I have never used the turing net commands, so I don't know much about it. But I am sure dodge_tomahawk knows a thing or 2 about net connections. I'll ask him to make a tutorial for it.

as for a tutorial for Input and Output to file, there is already one made by tony, with some addition by Blade to let the turing file I/O do the "app" thing that c++ does.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya i'll prolly do one one of these days, after i do a whatdotcolor collision detectio tho
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

better hurry, Dan Shadow has beaten you to it.. though if yours is really good and comes out soon we may forgive you Very Happy

I would like to see a simple tutorial for how and when to use cos and sine and tan and whatnot in Turing games... any takers? Smile
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sin lol u mean sine, and about dan shadow aka hacker dan, he dont got no whatdotcolor skillz
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sin, cos and tan are used when doing graphics or movement that involves the use of angles. Basicly, it's just a tool, like arithmetics, used when you want to project some kind of motion, like a guy walking around in circles (yes dodge, you can do whatdotcolor for it too...)

As for when to use it, you will be able to identify when to use certain kind of method to do a problem when your programming technique is at a higher level.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

he knows what it is meng... in his previous post he posted sin instead of sine then the bastard edited it
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would like to see a tutorial on how to move stuff (like a bmp, or a drawn picture), in a direction it is facing, like rotating it, and when you press the up arrow, it moves in the direction its pointing. I've looked at some codes like recnep's car thing, but I didn't really understand it. Oh, and changing direction and moving at the same time wouldn't be bad either.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

something like an asteroid ship thing? Alrite, I'll write one up, this will even have to do with sin and cos, so it's like a example for Cervantes' question.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How about a tutorial on GUI buttons, how and when they are used, I saw Delta's tutorial, but it didn't help me much.
TheXploder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

How about a tutorial on Classes and Inheritance... I'd love to learn that because what does OOT stand for, eh? Object Oriented Turing... so I would like to learn more about object orientation...
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Classes in Turing
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=606
Inheritance & Polymorphism in C++
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=1643

for Turing to inherit just do
code:

class Bar
end Bar
class FooBar
   inherit Bar
end FooBar

and define virtual (abstract) functions as so

code:

class Bar
   deferred proc Chew
end Bar
class FooBar
   inherit Bar
   body proc Chew
   end Chew
end FooBar
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I thought I saw one, but is there one for pong in the turing tutorial section? I'd like one if its not too much trouble. Preferable 1 player, AI or non AI doesn't matter.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 18  [ 261 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: