Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Black & White Photo
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jawaharyousuf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:42 pm   Post subject: Black & White Photo

This program turns any photo into B/W. Works well for cartoon pictures. Normal color pictures get turned into B/W too, but due to Turing's 256 color limitation, lose some beauty. If anyone's got a way around it, please mail me.

BW.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BW.zip
 Filesize:  344.55 KB
 Downloaded:  796 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not bad. But I believe Delos has already made a program like this, here http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3316 but still, good job, +bits
jawaharyousuf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:59 pm   Post subject: Different from delos

Delos's program is different. Its a filter, meaning that it removes all other colors except black and white. Mine is converter. This includes all the colors between black and white. That's the difference.

Thanks for the bits!
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ahh...I see.

Then that's even a better job well done, have some more bits.
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, asn, thnx for the plug. YJ, nice side step there. But still, my proggie r0x0rz yourz! Muwahahahahahahaha...ah well. What do you mean it ignores black and white! Grrrr....you mock me! How could you! Tu paagal he! Yes, you. Ah well...soon we'll talk more on such matters.
jawaharyousuf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats what it did Delos(i don't know if you want to reveal your First name), to a photograph i put in. All the colors other than black and white were removed. A black and white photo turned into a photo that looked like a sketch of an artist. (i tried it with color photos too)So thats the difference between yours and mine.

But as i said before, I'm not competing with you. We are friends.
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How many times do I have to tell you!
And no, I'd rather my first name (or First name if you like) not be revealed...

NEhow...I've lost my train of thought. The reason both proggies are the same is that they are based on whatdotcolour/RGB.Whatdotcolour to record their information.

If I ever show you my source, you'll see how similar they are. I say that because I know how you did yours...hehehehe...I, um...de...con...structed...your proggie and...reverse...engineered it..yes, that's what I did.

NEhow...I'm sad that I'm flying.
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you have a program to decompile from EXE to .t converter////???

dude... that program is evil....if it exists... cuz it could steal code from ppl.... which would be BAD....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
white_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

holy crow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tat's n evil but awesome program to have j/k lol
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice program... some colors dont convert properly (realy dark ones). but very nice...
white_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

some colors r a little blured. i got tat to very nice program
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
you have a program to decompile from EXE to .t converter////???

dude... that program is evil....if it exists... cuz it could steal code from ppl.... which would be BAD....

short1man...did you know that the word 'gullible' has been removed from the dictionary?
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i guess i looked up a little when they wrote it inside the monitor...

Funny... very.... i was fooled... to think he had one... i kinda skimed the post the first time... i re-read and can see the sarcasm now...i bet one realy does exist somewhere... but under lock and key...
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that program is awesome. it even makes it look as good quality as the original picture (or at least very close)
jawaharyousuf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:04 am   Post subject: Update

Update:-

User can choose output filename. I added Explorer type interface for this part, so that the user can browse and save whereever he/she wants. I'm working on replacing the already existent files. The program won't let you overwrite now. But soon... looking forward to bugs.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: