Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Phone Book
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jawaharyousuf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:18 am   Post subject: Phone Book

This program is useful when put into your Quick Launch bar(faster access when needed immediately). It stores Phone numbers. Current functions are Add Contact, Search Contact, Edit Contact's number. Soon I'll be adding new features like Advanced Search and Advanced Edit. Also I'm thinking of encoding the data stored to protect privacy. Post your opinion.

phonebook.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  phonebook.t
 Filesize:  8.31 KB
 Downloaded:  348 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well done , but i think il stick to microsoft outlook for now Very Happy Very Happy
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It woouldd be a lot better if you are able to make each contact stored in one file not creating one for each.
jawaharyousuf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But then, wouldn't it take more time to search the records? I thought it would be better to group them, just in case you deleted the program. Then you could search for the contact yourself easily

Ya, I guess, it would make the program look a lot smaller. I'll do it then.
jawaharyousuf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Did you mean, one file for each contact? No, my program doesn't do that. It creates a file based on the first letter of the contact. All the contacts with the same first letter go into one file. Don't they?
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think I remeber that there was a phone thiny in accesories, that stored all the info and it could also dial the phone numbers stored, provided you have a microphone and stuff. It would be cool if this could do that.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good prog. GJ!
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yes. really well done, keep up the good programming, and make somemore!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: