Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 battle forum
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

would you like a "battle" forum???
(No ending time set)
good idea
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
indifferent
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
nah...
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

zylum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:39 pm   Post subject: battle forum

i suggest we make a battle forum where someone posts the rules for the battle ie:

-make the best paint program
-must have bucket feature
-must have line tool
-must have pencil tool
-must be less than 100 lines long
-any program can be used (turing, vb, java etc)
deadline: 1 week from now...

then users post their programs and after the deadline we make a poll and vote for the best program. it doesnt have to be programing either. it could include drawing the best pixel graphics etc....

so how about it???

-zylum
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

more a of a programming board
zylum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well wouldnt participating in these "battles" help you improve your programming skills? you get great ideas for a program and then you have fun coding it while learning new skills. on a different forum that i was part of, they had a battle forum and it really helped me improve my actionscript skills because some of the programs i made were challenging yet fun.
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think its a good idea. it would give people things to program, help improve programming skills, as well as promote a healthy level of competition among the compsci uesr.s
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not enough active users , and im just not a fan of hte idea , i like my world , id probably never have time to take part in any battles any way
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Battle forum? 1 vs 1 ? team? free for all? I guess it would make things more interesting.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: Re: battle forum

zylum wrote:
i suggest we make a battle forum where someone posts the rules for the battle ie:

-make the best paint program
-must have bucket feature
-must have line tool
-must have pencil tool
-must be less than 100 lines long
-any program can be used (turing, vb, java etc)
deadline: 1 week from now...

then users post their programs and after the deadline we make a poll and vote for the best program. it doesnt have to be programing either. it could include drawing the best pixel graphics etc....

so how about it???

-zylum

whould that not basicly be the contest fourm? there where all ready some like that in there, ushely where users make the chageles and give there own bits, some are for math tho.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
zylum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh, i thougt the contest forum was for like organized contests such as CCC and other waterloo type contests.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

let me guess,this is from the other forum that i forgot its name. Darkness told me that he wanted to do a link exchange with them, but they replied with an email swearing at him because their site is not as popular as compsci.ca
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

used to be
ooturing.psychz.net

i think its gone now
programer007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what you want... essentially is some challenges...
why dont we elect a Contest mod, that thinks up challenges... and have them vary for different ranks...
under newbe hacker.. make a pong in a week
newbe hacker > kick ass hacker - make a shooter.. in a week
> kick ass hacker... make something realy hard... in a week

... that might be better then creating another forum that dont get much action.... contest could use some ... as lots probaly dont read the contest forum that much...
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

umm... yeah... a better idea might be to just have a list of challanges to accomplish
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
let me guess,this is from the other forum that i forgot its name. Darkness told me that he wanted to do a link exchange with them, but they replied with an email swearing at him because their site is not as popular as compsci.ca

we aucaly did have a link exchange with them and stoped the war but there site has seemed to have sliped away from exsitance.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rank doesnt have anything to do with programming skill, its the number of posts u have it means nothing.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

look at my rank, and i suck at turing, i have trouble with processes.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: