Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 idea for new section?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:05 pm   Post subject: idea for new section?

I had an idea for a new section, have a teaching kinda thing. And if someone wants to volunteer, they can have simple lessons, like Turing lesson #1 would be like, the different draw commands, etc Smile that way, we can teach each other languages! Very Happy If one person looked up one thing and how to do it, then we can learn lotsa stuff Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Honestly i Dont like the idea, persuade who you can , but i definatly dont think that is even a logical forum
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ISnt like pretty much tutorials, but in a set order?
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Doesnt have to be in set order, but im saying like, no one uses VB forum, because no one knows anything about it, so start with simple tutorials, like the ones in turing, eg. arrays, loops, put, etc lol
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thstd the thing , its not used becauase no one uses vb avidly here , a few probably use it and i know homer is a guru , but by adding tutorils were not gonna make it any bigger , turing is big because mpost of us use it , if i had vb troubles i would never dream of looking here ( sorry bout the burn ) no one that knew anyhting would direct me to compsci for vb help , they would send me somwhere that specializes in vb , or tell me to read a certain book , i hope you understand what im getting at here
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I understand totally Smile Color
But dont we want to improve that? "No one would look at compsci for VB" well, if we make it better, they will, and if Dan puts ads on again, hes RICH! Wink
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What shorthair says is true. VB is a widely used professional programming language, and therefore you can find online resources for it very easily. Turing is neither widely used nor professional, and that is why this site even started in the first place--to help people with turing. Pretty much all of the rest of the site, IMO, is here not so much to attract new people but to provide more content to those who are already here. So, adding new sections isn't really necessary. Especially the teaching thing, the tutorials section already covers that, and the problem isn't that "lessons" aren't here for anybody, the problem is that hardly anyone will read them.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its true, I don't think anyone START to learn a language right off of a forum. I know I wouldn't, I would much rather look for books on the language. On a forum, ppl usually asks for help about something specific.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i learned actionscript from a forum Very Happy
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i tried learning actionscript but gave up. peple usually start learning one language in calss/books/by themselves and them move onto other languages from forums. no matter if you learn from forums, you will still go looking for online tutorials because forums are not always the best for beginners.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: