Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Who actually...
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:03 pm   Post subject: Who actually...

Who actually visits the VB forums, etc i mean theres only 25 ish posts in "help" maybe we oughta learn a bit more VB! (I want to, but stupid school.....) and its kinda hard to teach yourself :\
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hehe, I don't cause I know nothing about VB, but next year in compsci, we're gonna learn VB, so watch out VB forum Twisted Evil
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well my part of hte vb forum is doin just fine ( other basics ) the thing is that we dont have active avid vb users ,things only get used when people are interested inteh language and peopole need help with it , if you have problems with vb its more than likely you wont look here , the site is 90 percent turing ( rought guess ) and thats why the turing forums are hot
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The only reason the turing section is hot because its the easiest program ever to find, download, and learn.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats BS , we all learn it in compsci , and this is hte place to get credit for it , its the only active site , the other 4 or 5 have like 20 members and no forum , this is the only place to get help outside of school or have some fun with your code
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats what i mean. You can download it anywhere and people who are new to programming which many people here are use it. And its the first one you learn in school.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i share your thoughs on the fact that not enough ppl go to other threads...

not enough ppl take computer science after the first year.... they take it in gr.10 cuz they think its fun to sit infront of a computer all day... and its an Ez credit.. even tho it isn;t (for some)

i will be heavily into the JAVA forum in gr.11 cuz that wut my teacher is going to teach... not advanced turing :'(

too bad more ppl arn;t interested in the other languages... o well... it still serves a purpose for the few taht acually use this site for other then Turing...

and thats funny cuz i was just thinking on posted a thread about this, like late last night...

crzy
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

vb is lame. you may be able to make more interesting/powerful programs or whatever with it, but it's not gonna teach you the fundamentals of programming like turing, c/c++, java, etc do
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

And u can use it with LEDS and shiz thats why i like it.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

that's most likely just output to the parallel or serial port which even turing can do lol
Acid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The VB forums are pretty much the only ones I visit since it's the only language I come even close to knowing.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i was into vb for about 5 days but it got boring after making my 10th or something app. its cool at first because its pretty easy, but then it gets bor4ing. blitz is really fun though.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

peronaly i dont like VB, i dont like many (probly any) of the langs M$ makes. also the fact that it only works on windows and even then it gives u shit about dll files dose not help it any.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if any one should go around and help ppl it's gotto be me... but there's one problem. I dun got VB anymore and i aint workin with it anymore. so sometimes i can't help people. so i prolly should ask Dan to .take me off VBMOD Confused
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Homer_simpson wrote:
so i prolly should ask Dan to .take me off VBMOD Confused

pff, i am to lazzy to do that. u still know more about it then me. lol
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: