Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What books guide you through game development totaly from scratch in C++/Java?
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
raaing99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm   Post subject: What books guide you through game development totaly from scratch in C++/Java?

Are there any books that guide you through game development from start to finish in C++/Java? Totaly from scratch (building the game and the engine as well), including the programming of the audio and graphical libraries.

NOTE: I searched a lot and didn't find something to match my requirements, all I found were books about ready to use engines/frameworks and libraries.

I have a good understanding of the Java language basics such as object oriented,inheritance,polymorphism and more.

I also have a fair experince game development in general by using development environments such as Pygame LIB (Python),BlitzBasic and Unity3D.

I would like to atleast comprehend the theory behind the game engines ,even if I don't really apply it, at least knowing it would be great in my opinion.

Again totaly from scratch without additionl engines/libraries/frameworks or extentions in Java/C++ (I've got alot of free time, so time is not a problem for me).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:22 pm   Post subject: RE:What books guide you through game development totaly from scratch in C++/Java?

I would suggest starting with Game Engine Architecture by Jason Gregory, which I found to be a good introduction to game engines in a practical engineering sense. It focuses on C++ and DirectX, but is general enough that it basically covers OpenGL too.

I would also suggest http://www.arcsynthesis.org/gltut/ (seems to be down right now) for learning OpenGL.

If you are going to write in Java, then you should use a library like LWJGL or JOGL / JOAL, which are just JNI wrappers around OpenGL / OpenAL / OpenInput. I don't have particular advice for C++.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: