Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP]Aquahero
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:19 pm   Post subject: [FP]Aquahero

My FP is due tomorrow, so I came up with this today. Its somewhat of a remake of aqua energizer, dunno if any of you have played that game. This one has a total of 4 levels, loaded off of 4 data files, each level conisists of a screen of 18 by 12 tiles, with a movable character, you can dig through the sand and the objective is to push the red balls into the portal, and escape through it yourself before your oxygen runs out. For more complex levels that I could make in the future, the option to hold space to dig without moving is also included. Some graphics I made, alot of it came from the original game. Its mainly a puzzle game. Performance depends on your machine, I made it on a 550 mHz machine. Works on turing version 4.0.5 because of the Math.Distance. See if you can beat all 4 levels.

aquahero.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  aquahero.zip
 Filesize:  878.54 KB
 Downloaded:  713 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like it so far, but it does run choppily. You timer flashes quite a bit, and you have some transparency issues (as well as a bit of flashiness with your various animations). I got to level 4, but I think perhaps it cut me out after losing 2 lives instead of 3...hmm...
I *really* didn't like how you had to click on a certain part of the 'level complete' screen to go on...that and there was no indication to do that!

Anyhow, great job nonetheless.
+ bits
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well I hope it runs ok on the school computers, the quality of the animations are affected by the speed of the computer, on my computer its fine, on another 2 gHz computer its worse off, but thanks Razz I think its cause I stuck too many View.Updates in there.

[edit]: Weird, I asked my friend to try it out, he has a 2 gHz machine, but he didn't see any flashing except for the timer and a bit of the lives indicator. As for the lives thing, could you maybe try and reproduce that error? I haven't ran into it yet.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Really nice game! Pretty hard too. I got to level 4.

On my P3 500Mhz it runs pretty smoothly, the timer blinks but thats just about it. The lives are weird, but I think they run properly (not sure how they are supposed to work).

Good job.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice game. I really liked your images, (except for the bubbles one, didn't really match). The only thing I would change is how the lpayer moves. Such that its more smooth, not like he's thumping from spot to spot. Also when the rocks fall, that they, well, fall, not teleport. It was a good game though.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

pretty neat.
Oh if you are wondering what acno energizer is ->
http://www.miniclip.com/acno/acno.htm
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:50 pm   Post subject: Re: [FP]Aquahero

Paul wrote:
My FP is due tomorrow, so I came up with this today.

You made this in one day? Shocked It ain't rocket science, but it sure looks like a pretty large thing to write in one day of Turing. My respects to your stamina Laughing
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Its only around 500 lines of code, I spent 7~ hours on it, on msn at the same time and around 2.5 is spent on photochopping.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
around 2.5 is spent on photochopping.
God I hate doing that. . . . I can't wait untill I dont have to do that, and I can get someone else to.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it appears that when the level is complete (red spheres removed) the oxygen can drop into negatives without loosing a life Confused
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: