Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 University of Waterloo and EDX?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shayanaijaz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:21 pm   Post subject: University of Waterloo and EDX?

Hi, I just registered on this website to ask this one question since I can't find a proper answer anywhere.
I am currently in grade 11 in Saskatchewan. I plan to go to University of Waterloo in Computer Science after graduation. I know of all the subjects i have to take and the marks i need to get and i am working hard and maintaining the marks of all my subjects above a 90. My dad has been telling me about edx, the online courses website almost everyday and wants me to do he Introduction to Computer Science course from there. He says it will help me get my admission in Waterloo. My question is will it? Does the university of waterloo give recognition to edx and if so how much will it help me. The course requires about 50-60 hours which for me will be very hectic to balance and i want to know if its worth it.

Thanks for helping me!!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:36 am   Post subject: RE:University of Waterloo and EDX?

Unlikely to matter to admissions, but it does sound like a good idea to get a better understanding of what Computer Science might be like at an university.

It's 50~60 hours at your own pace, so you can stretch it out to fit your schedule.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: