Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Getting help with lwjgl
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 pm   Post subject: Getting help with lwjgl

I've started getting into graphics with Java, and I wanted to try out something that doesn't come with Java. I heard that lwjgl was great along with something like slick2D, so I wanted to get started with that. Only problem is that I don't know how to use the files they gave me, and all the tutorials are about using Eclipse or something to use it, and I'd prefer to use a text editor if I can. Can anyone help out?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Getting help with lwjgl

You'll need to add the main LWJGL jar file to your classpath with the -cp or -classpath command-line switch (see: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/tools/windows/classpath.html), which tells the Java tools where to find user classes (as opposed to Java API classes). For example: java -cp .:lwjgl-1.2.3.jar Main

You will need to apply this to both compiling and running your programs.

You should also really try to find an IDE that you like (typical suggestions: Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ). Java can be a pain in the ass if you don't have an IDE helping you out.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 am   Post subject: RE:Getting help with lwjgl

Blegh. I know it's a pain in the ass I just really like text editors, especially Sublime Text. I'll probably start using Eclipse
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: