Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ccc 2014
Index -> Contests
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
linuxp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:59 am   Post subject: Ccc 2014

How did everyone do? Expected cutoff for stage 2?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
xdxiaoming

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:37 am   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2014

linuxp @ Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:59 am wrote:
How did everyone do? Expected cutoff for stage 2?

Expected cutoff: 60-65 Smile
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

Do you guys have the questions for the senior questions? If so I would be very thankful if someone posted 3,4,5, just wanna finish them for fun. Razz Also I heard from a few people on the committee for the CCC that this year was a little harder than last, so I am guessing the cut off will be lower too.
nullptr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:58 am   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2014

This year had some good questions, I liked S4 and S5 in particular. They took a different direction from the past 4 years, which all had graph theory problems. The online grader was really helpful. Anyone get perfect?

Quote:
Do you guys have the questions for the senior questions?

I can remember S4 and S5, but I think I should wait a little longer in case people in China are still writing or something.
linuxp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

IMO cut off should be somewhere around 60

S4 was hard but solvable
S5 i have no idea how to do it perfectly
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:23 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

Yea I heard there was a geometry problem and a DP problem
xdxiaoming

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:32 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

S4: segment tree or sweep line algorithm
S5: find the 2D longest decreasing subsequence (DP+binary search)
xdxiaoming

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:35 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Ccc 2014

Panphobia @ Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am wrote:
Do you guys have the questions for the senior questions? If so I would be very thankful if someone posted 3,4,5, just wanna finish them for fun. Razz Also I heard from a few people on the committee for the CCC that this year was a little harder than last, so I am guessing the cut off will be lower too.

Every registered student should have a copy of junior and a copy of senior tests. If you don't get them, you can ask your teacher for the printed tests.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:42 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

I am in University, so I can't do that! But I love solving CCC problems, and I heard from a person from Waterloo that they are going to post the questions in like 3 weeks. I knew that people that registered got the problem packages, so I just asked for a scan Razz.
nullptr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:35 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Ccc 2014

xdxiaoming @ Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:32 am wrote:
S5: find the 2D longest decreasing subsequence (DP+binary search)

Could you explain that a little more? I thought longest decreasing subsequence didn't permit repeats, but you can repeat points more than once in S5 -- or am I misunderstanding your solution?

My solution involved sorting the distances in increasing order and doing DP on those pairs. It got full marks but I'm interested to hear of other solutions. Did anyone get O(N^2)?
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

Is that Q5 similar to this question? http://projecteuler.net/problem=411 , this question is taking coordinates, sorting one dimension, then using longest non decreasing subsequence on the rest. Just wondering Razz
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

[mod edit]image removed[/]

Not quite scanner quality, but theres Q5 of the senior contest this year! I took a look at the senior contest before I started, and pretty much NOPED right out of it. Im good with iterations and arrays, but not the crazy searches/algorithms necessary for senior.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

Do you have q4 and q3? I just finished q5 Razz
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

Certain schools administer the contest with a slight delay. Please wait to the end of the week before sharing exact questions / solutions.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2014

Ah ok, sorry about that. And pan I'll post them on the weekend I guess.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: