Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Request a Tutorial
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Danyo

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how about a tutorial in the Net. functions...?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Vicous

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OK, you have two seperate tutorials on reading/writing to files. How about including the LAST of the advanced commands? (Mod, seek, tell, etc.?)

Just a suggestion from a frustrated programmer who will now go and try and figure it out on his own... gah...
seltsammacker1

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How's a tutorial on reading and writing to a file using read and write commands instead of get and put sound?
What about a tutorial on creating a database and how to identify the different fields in a record when you want to read and write to the file containing the records? Very Happy
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im pretty sure there is already a tutorial on read/write/mod/seek

and I am not too good with turing net functions, I'd tell dodge_tomahawk to make one, but he is working on our final project that is due in 1 week, so..........yeah.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ill create a tutorial for .NET functions at popular request. Ill try to get it down ASAP.. and ill include an example with a multiuser chat interface as well.
cycro1234

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A Turing AI tutorial?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There is an AI tutorial (I think) in the General Programming section. Now as for specific turing AI, it will depend on different kind of programs that you are making. Chess AI and RTS pathfinding are kinda different, so most of it are program dependent.
cycro1234

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm thinking of doing AI for a connect 4 game.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think there is a open sourced one for Connect 4. Should be in Turing source section, I think PaddyLong did it. Search for it, I can't seem to recall it off hand.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

We need tutorials on the following subjects/modules:

• Windows
  • Sys
  • enum
  • Time

And getting a more comprehensive tutorial on the following subject would also be great:

Bits will be awarded for quality tutorials on these subjects.
-Cervantes
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Would you like me to do a tutorial on Windows? I use them all the time. My Zombie Mass Acres game is a tribute to that lolz. It has 5 windows, 7 if you include the two that I close. I would right it very detailed with examples and everything.

You want more then just Window.Open() right?
lapo3399

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:52 am   Post subject: Orbital Gravity

I always wanted to know how to make objects orbit around each other. A while back I found a .exe file on this site that showed that and I've always wanted to know how.

A tutorial on this would be cool (or if anyone has a link or another tutorial/message about this it would be great too)

Very Happy
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator: that would be awesome. And yes, more than Window.Open would be good. Also, on the topic of Window.Open, could you zip through the various options (ie. position, graphics, offscreenonly, title, nobuttonbar, nocursor, noecho, xor, etc.)

lapo3399: Here's where I started on that topic:
http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/models/m_stars.htm
Also, there's plenty of source code in the Gravity thread.
lapo3399

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ty

Very Happy
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
Flikerator: that would be awesome. And yes, more than Window.Open would be good. Also, on the topic of Window.Open, could you zip through the various options (ie. position, graphics, offscreenonly, title, nobuttonbar, nocursor, noecho, xor, etc.)

lapo3399: Here's where I started on that topic:
http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/models/m_stars.htm
Also, there's plenty of source code in the Gravity thread.

Yah sure ill cover all those, but it will have to be mabye monday before I start writing it as I have too many projext due and I have been slacking Razz

Expect it Monday or Tuesday.

EDIT - I can also do a tutorial on Drawing if nobody covers it when I post the Window tutorial. Will have lots of details.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 18  [ 261 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: