Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 1066 MHz vs 1600 MHz RAM
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:02 pm   Post subject: 1066 MHz vs 1600 MHz RAM

How much does the speed of your RAM really affect computer performance? I've never really payed attention to the speed of the RAM, but some people are telling me it might have a significant affect on gaming and PC performance. Is this true? I'm planning on getting this ( http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285 ) CPU, and right now I have 8 GB DDR3 1066 MHz RAM. But if you guys think upgrading to 1600 MHz is worth it, then I'm fine with spending a bit to upgrade. This computer isn't for personal use, by the way. I'm planning on selling it once it's finished.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:46 pm   Post subject: RE:1066 MHz vs 1600 MHz RAM

This is the kind of question that you might find better answers for elsewhere. I suggest reddit.com/r/buildapc
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:29 pm   Post subject: RE:1066 MHz vs 1600 MHz RAM

Time to become a redditor...

I'll head over there, hopefully I'll get some good answers. Thanks!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: