Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Refurbishing Computers
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:49 pm   Post subject: Refurbishing Computers

Lately I've seen some super cheap computers - like 10-20$, and I got the idea of trying to refurbish some of these and then sell for a profit. The thing is though, I've never bought a used computer, and I don't really know what to look out for. I don't know what the actual value of the computer will be until I actually bring it home, pick it apart, and test out the components. Do you guys have any tips for me so that I don't waste 20$ on a completely garbage computer?

Also, I'm not very CPU literate, so when I see what CPU a computer has, I have a hard time knowing if its any good or not. Right now, I'm just going [url="http://www.cpubenchmark.net/common_cpus.html"]here[/url] and seeing where it ranks on the scale. What do you think would be a minimum ranking for a general household use computer? Something used for web browsing, low-end gaming, document processing, etc.?

Thanks!
Nathan
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
evildaddy911

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:43 pm   Post subject: RE:Refurbishing Computers

i currently run an AMD Athlon dual core (2.6GHz) processor which seems to fit your description perfectly. it cant run any of the newer games (ie 2005+, save minecraft), and can run most general programs with minimal lag
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: