Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New forum - BlitzBasic
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Should we have a BlitzBasic forum?
(Voting is closed)
YES!! It's about time!!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
*indifferent*
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
ew!! keep blitz away from me!
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:43 pm   Post subject: New forum - BlitzBasic

I think that we should add another forum to the compsci site.

BlitzBasic (help, submissions, ETC)

I know shorthair would like it Smile

for those of you that don't know what BlitzBasic is, its a programming language that is really geared towards making 3d games. anyone played Unreal Tournament (not the 2003, not sure about that one)? BB could make UT without too much trouble. (or so I'm told Smile )
if you want to learn more about BB you can download the demo here (download the Blitz3D one)
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Products/demos.php

I don't know how many people know blitzbasic / have blitzbasic / are learning blitzbasic, I'm hoping I'll get some support from all you blitz programmers out there!!

btw this poll lasts 2 weeks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont really know how that wuld go because only a few people hgave actually used BB let alone even heard of it.
santabruzer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ah wha.. first Dark Basic.. and now Blitz Basic..... so many new languages at once... Blowing up....
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we tried to reach an agreement on havinng a BASIC section , with th e3 as sub section s , told everyone i was willing to write about 30 tutorials on it and help anyone that was willing to learn , i ahve jsut completed my game ,tony saw to first views of it without models ,but you can import and use 3d models in 2 lines of code, i have 10,000 polys on hte screen in my game and she runs faster than a race horse , dark is also good ,but blizt has the better engine is a bit more expensive and has no add ons as its built into one ,dark you cna buy attachments for your needs , both are good

www.blitzcoder.com <==== please check it out before you post ,and see some of the fgames peopel have made ,someone made an identicle copy of quake 2 with gfull interntet support ( multiplayer can be built in 20 lines ) and it just rocks
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know about a BlitzBasic forum, but I think that it would be a good idea to open up an 'Other Programming Languages' forum. I'll run it by the other mods.
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree with darkness... another forum for whatever other languages you know...like ya... cause only what 3-5 ppl on this forum have used Blitz... and/or darkbasic... so just put everything in one place...
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

not something that i know off...
so i don't relly care. :S
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um.. why is this now in spam? Thinking

anyways, an "other languages" forum would be good,
now we just need the authorities to code it Smile
*nudges Hacker Dan* Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm, why?? either way.
Other programming languages will be cool, but i hardly think anyone will use it..hmm *sigh* head..pains...
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i will think about it, i may put up one for drak and blizz bascik this week end tho.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

awesome.. thanks Hacker Dan! Smile

Amailer -> I think a fair number of people would use it... not as popular as the other sections but still, it can't hurt Smile
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats why i thought of jsut having a BASIC section , but your ideas of other languages are good that way people can see what else is out threre ,how complex it is , it would be a good advantage , i mean most peopel only know of (C ,++,- ) and VB , java and all but there is so much more out there , i mean when i got past turing i was lost where to go next , i didnt want to jump to C , i wanted something in the middle so i could make powerful stuff with non complex syntax , as i said if no one wants to hang out there , thats fine , but if anyone ever takes vlitz up , there will be all the tutorials you need t oget going from n00b to PRO,
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Will this be a section? like the Java section or the VB section, in that it will have help and submissions and source? or will it be just one forum (like Turing Help, except it'll be "Other Languages")

Either way, we can make a sticky in the forum with information on all the 'other languages' and URL's as to where to download them.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well for the bliz and drak basck i was plaing on turing the vb section in to the basick section and then adding the fourm bliz and drak basick to it.

i am not even shure if we will add the other progaming lagngues one.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good idea. Smile
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: