Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorial] How to use Animated Pictures in Turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Ashkan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:07 am   Post subject: [Tutorial] How to use Animated Pictures in Turing

hey ya'al
This little subprogram is used to display animated pictures in your programs. As you know turing yet doesn't support .GIF. (D'ooooh)

So basicly you can simply break your SWF or your GIF animations into their frames and save them as either .BMP or .JPG or etc. with free programs available on net.

Notice that when you save the frames the order of them is in their names for example horse001.jpg , horse002.jpg , horse003.jpg ....

so basicly you can open my program and then i have comments in it.

There are 76 frames for that GIF animation ,, you can also view the single Horse.Gif..

The program is able to read the framed images that you would personally include so the horses are just sample except if you change the extention of framed images to .bmp you gotta change the variable in the source from .jpg to .bmp

Also you might want to change the directory location of images otherwise include them in the same directory as the program and there would be no need for location.

To change the speed at which you see the Animation, change the miliseconds variable.

otherwise i made the program somehow that it detects the rest of the stuff like how many images there are and to only detect .jpg format and etc.

PS Y'all. =) Enjoy!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
recneps

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

where is it? Smile lol
Tendulkar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

where is the program???
Ashkan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:58 pm   Post subject: lllllollll

llllllllollll i dont know i attached it but it seems like its not there. let me try one more time

Animated Gifs.zip
 Description:
Extract the zip and run the program. you can also view the instruction in a text file.

Download
 Filename:  Animated Gifs.zip
 Filesize:  567.96 KB
 Downloaded:  3773 Time(s)

CjGaughan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

good tip! I believe turing doesnt support gif's because of copyright issues with some pictures. Not sure, but I think I heard that somewhere.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very Very cool! I didn't know turing could do that, it wouldn't have been an animation THAT smooth without all those frames would it? Wow! that was amazing. +bits. Laughing
TheXploder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I did this before with bmp's.. but hey you used jpg, good job...
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

had an idea....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

very nice, add a loading bar to it, and it would be great for a in-game movie or a cutscene.
TheXploder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow that is cool, good use of the compressor, exellent...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: