Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 University of Guelph CS
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 am   Post subject: University of Guelph CS

I got accepted to guelph for computer science, but I did not have time to register for the courses yet, and today is my last day. So I wanted to ask, I know I need to take Calculus 1 and Introductory to Programming, but I do not know which electives I can take, and also which I should take, and if I need to take a social science. What electives should I take, if I don't want to write an essay?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
crossley7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:30 pm   Post subject: RE:University of Guelph CS

Learn to write essays? You will have to write reports at some point anyways so learn to write uni quality papers.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:30 pm   Post subject: RE:University of Guelph CS

I did not ask for a course with an essay, I know how to write essays BUT I prefer not to write them.
crossley7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:10 pm   Post subject: RE:University of Guelph CS

Sorry, it was a snarky comment on my part. I have no idea what courses you have to take at Guelph, so I don't know what the options are. If you have electives, take a look at what you need for degree requirements (going to be somewhere online) and then take courses that seem interesting. There are so many options for what courses you can take and everyone has different interests so nobody can really tell you what you should choose for electives.

Take courses that will interest you and where possible meet your degree requirements. Don't worry about the form of assessment (mostly exam, essay, presentations, etc) but more on the content.
Night

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:34 pm   Post subject: RE:University of Guelph CS

Hey, sorry this is really late but I'm at Guelph for Software Engineering (the brother/sister program of CS). In case you still need clarification:

* Introduction to Programming and Calculus are required first semester

* You can still change your courses from now until September 13th

* You don't need to take X amount of "social sciences" or anything, but you will need to take 4.00 credits of a minor (usually 5.00 at the least) as an "Area of Application" (AoA) over the course of your degree. This can be any subject you want that offers a minor that isn't Computing and Information Science. You can take any courses you want as your electives, but remember that you will need to have enough courses for your AoA by the end of your degree. You don't really need to worry about this until the end of your second year, so you can try courses out over your first two years - it's why we have so many electives in first year.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: