Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Showing damage to a block.
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
packocrayons

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:59 am   Post subject: Showing damage to a block.

I'm making a top-down minecraft style game and I've got the damage to the blocks working and destroying them and all that, the only real thing I don't know how to do is displaying in some way how much damage was done to the block.
I don't even know how the system should work, using health bars, numbers moving off the screen, or just not display it at all (which could draw some "Which block am I hitting?")
If any of you have played minicraft, I like that system, it looks really nice, but don't know how it was done.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:05 pm   Post subject: RE:Showing damage to a block.

Minecraft's system essentially has a couple of images of cracks that they draw over the block as you hit it more and more.

You can do basically the exact same thing, just draw a picture of a crack over top of the block, and the users will see the block cracking as they hit it.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: