Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What Do You Think Of Mike Rowe ?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Why Did He Make MikeRowesoft.com
(No ending time set)
So Microsoft would buy him out for $$$
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Genuinly Wanted That WebSite
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i can agree to that decision.... i was just making a comparison to Windows.... i know each one has its charm....

just for sake of not writting a HUGe post.. i just wrote that people diss Windows is just because it is made by Microsoft... and Microsoft got the money...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, so i didnt read all three pages...but i found it quite funny, that one of my good friends in winnipeg has the exact name lmao Laughing

just thought i would share that Razz
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Was it ever 32k? or you were just bsing us, because itrs at like 1k now...
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah , thats what it said , i thought it was a hoax , but she was up at 30 k when i looke about a week ago
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok scroll down on this link and look at the like 40 retractioonss for bids , thats why its low again

http://offer.ebay.com/ws3/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=3382073018
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whoa, when did we reach this subject, I saw nothing about bidding on the last page, and what is this Mike Rowe Official WIPO Book As Seen On TV ? and who would be sucker enough to buy it?
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.... when did ebay get into this??????

and i wish i was him... making money off his letters and stuff....

not to mention everything MS did for him...
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i now think that he is a total idiot. he doesn't make software, so why call his site mikerowesoft, it's just a grab for attention and hits for his site. and why is he also selling that book about all his stuff, who actually wants all that, they are peices of paper not even addressed to you on copyright stuff, and stuff like that is public domain i think so you could go to your library and read copyright things. i think he's just an idiot for sucking stuff out of microsoft, even if you think ms is evil, almost everyone on this board uses microsoft products and would not be able to use a computer without microsoft.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well said , and agreed , He was really cocky with his linux statement
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That guy obviously knew M$ was gonna go after him. His site is total sh!te anyway. Noone even knew about this guy until M$ came after him and know he gets like 30K hits per day.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

could you imagine if you had adware on the site that gave even 1 penny per unique hit , dude it would be a huge a mount of money, lets say you had 10 ads at a penny a hit each

50 000 hits = 500 dollars an ad

5 x 10 = 50

2500 dollars

Shocked Shocked Shocked

He had a realy good chance to make some money
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya really, i culd use some of that cash for a new comp!
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

his idea was good, but it was lowsy and lame and its a quick way to get attention and products without actually really working for it. hes gotten cocky with the whole thing, soon where going to be hearing about him selling his used toilet paper on ebay, or his cats used kitty litter. there are some people that i just really dislike for things they do, and this is an example, i didn't really know a lot at the beginning, and i still don't but why call your website mikerowesoft.com if YOU DON"T MAKE SOFTWARE. sorry im on a rant, this pisses me off a lot.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair, i think ur math is a lil off
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HAha he fixed it Smile
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 47 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: