Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 help with finishing this programming this program off
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
james900

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:03 pm   Post subject: help with finishing this programming this program off

i need to finish this code for college but my teacher refuses to help me saying it's good practice and everything like that and i do want to learn visual basic but when somebody refuses to help you in class and you struggle with something it is a challenge anyway i know the variables and stuff but i struggle to finish off the code. the piece of code i'm doing is just basic conversion meaning you put like a certain amount in and it converts it to dollars or whatever which would show up in a text box I've nearly done it or so my teacher says but i'm stuck i'd really appreciate some advice from somebody who knows what they are doing also there is one bit for which is opt yen i had to remove the underscore to stop it saying argument not optional which i know what the opt buttons do but i'm not sure if you need the underscore there I've put up some pictures to help. If anybody could explain what the errors were and give me some tips as well i would appreciate it although that's optional

the pictures below:

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/91666065@N05/8500614751/in/photostream
[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/91666065@N05/8500571575/in/photostream
[/url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/91666065@N05/8500571603/in/photostream
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
evildaddy911

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 pm   Post subject: RE:help with finishing this programming this program off

in the future, use attachments to show the layout of the form, and code tags to show the code.
code:
[ code ] insert code here [ /code ]
Just remove the spaces inside the sq. brackets

also break up your text so we can tell what your trying to say, the entire this is 3 "sentences."
Looking through the pictures, i see 2 pics of the layout which doesn't matter, and 1 pic of code. the code is terribly formatted and has several syntax errors.
you simply do not have
code:
If a = b Then c = d
If a = e Then c = f

you need to have
code:
If a = b Then
    c = d
Elseif a = e Then
End If

also, I'm not seeing anything relevant to your problem here... If this is your entire code, then you have several undefined variables. I'm going to assume that OptYen is a radio button for Yen, meaning that you need "OptYen.Checked" instead of "OptYen = True"

The underscores are only for wrapping, for example, if you have a massive command, you "wrap" it onto the next line by ending the first line with an underscore
james900

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:52 am   Post subject: Re: RE:help with finishing this programming this program off

evildaddy911 @ Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 pm wrote:
in the future, use attachments to show the layout of the form, and code tags to show the code.
code:
[ code ] insert code here [ /code ]
Just remove the spaces inside the sq. brackets

also break up your text so we can tell what your trying to say, the entire this is 3 "sentences."
Looking through the pictures, i see 2 pics of the layout which doesn't matter, and 1 pic of code. the code is terribly formatted and has several syntax errors.
you simply do not have
code:
If a = b Then c = d
If a = e Then c = f

you need to have
code:
If a = b Then
    c = d
Elseif a = e Then
End If

also, I'm not seeing anything relevant to your problem here... If this is your entire code, then you have several undefined variables. I'm going to assume that OptYen is a radio button for Yen, meaning that you need "OptYen.Checked" instead of "OptYen = True"

The underscores are only for wrapping, for example, if you have a massive command, you "wrap" it onto the next line by ending the first line with an underscore
i just want to know how to finish it off that's my problem and thanks for the advice Smile
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: