Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] Cinema
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What do you think about this program?
(No ending time set)
Amazing
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Good
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Average
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Need improvement
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Sux
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Ashkan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:30 pm   Post subject: [FP] Cinema

hey guys...
this is a cinema booking system program where you get to choose your seat from the screen. (Only one seat per ticket) you get to choose the date and i know its funny that it can book for 5 years this is because my teacher wanted it to be able to book for future ...
once you choose your seat , it gets stored in a database so the next time you want to book for another customer if you choose the same movie, same time, same day , same year, same month.. then you can see the color of that seat is changed on the screen which means that specific seat has been resereved..
Also there is an administrator part for acounting purposes if you press the passcharacter ( i say that becaause its just one character , not a word =P). For more info on that just see the Read Me File included.
Peace out y'all =)

Cinema.zip
 Description:
See the Read Me file included.

Download
 Filename:  Cinema.zip
 Filesize:  555.17 KB
 Downloaded:  525 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I really like the graphics and sound effects! except I got a runtime error at the end... something about length of substring greater than length of string, and I couldn't select both a cola and popcorn at the same time. But its way beyond anything I could do, so I rate it a Amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey thanx alot for your comment =)
umm about the pop corn and cola .. you can only choose one snack per customer cuz i cared about peoples health when i made this program =P ..
and the thing you said about the runtime error string greater than substring.. umm.. i tried to make my program as bulletproof az i could so that it wont crash and it worked fine and i dont really know why would you get that ? maybe your clickiing more than one seat.. perhaps its not completely bulletproof .. =) ... the only case that i know it crashes is when you open the database file (Book) manually with notepad and change it manually by writing crap data in it.. which you shouldnt do.. in that case the admin part would crash..
anyways thanx again for your comment =)
Ashkan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oops sorry ,, the guest was me .. =)
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The error that he got progbably , means that you have a string that is over 255 charavters in length , if you have the source , we can investigate that , also i like to mark source ,. so i can see if you cut corners or put full effort into hte FP , but its your choice , il wait to rate until i hear your decision
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

good idea and good graphics but it crashes way too much...

I'm getting a lot of those runtime errors...

ie. I tried doing the admin thingy, didn't know what to do in there, so I went back, tried to get my ticket but it crashed at some point.. then loaded it again and it gave me a run-time error EVERY time i tried to load the admin part.

I got run-time errors at other various spots too.

great job on the graphics though!
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea, about the 2 seat thing, I did that, but if you consider people's health, you should also consider people who are too large for one seat Laughing
Ashkan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes :
about the run time errors that you get . i very sure that you are not doing things in the correct order like .. you choose the seat first and the choose the time and date and the press validate.. somethin like that .. if you notice i have given the correct sequence in step 2 where is says
1. Select Time
2. Select date
(you can choose time month date year in any order and change them if you want unless you press the validate button)
3. Select A SEAT (one seat =P)
4. go tto the next step.

I'm pretty sure that if you do it that way you wont get run time errors. if you wanna try it again i think its better to clean the database so just open book file in notepad and delete everything and save it and try it again. trust me you wont get errors if you do it in the right order.
and about the Admin? when you just run the program instead of pressing any key just press "&" and it takes you to the admin part..

PaulBian :
This cinema is intended for thin people who eat less. its like a non-profitable cinema =P lllllllllollllllllll .. =)

Shorhair:
we are mostly talkin about validations here .. there many possibillities that the users dont follow the right order ,, and i could make lots of validations for that but since i didnt have time for it .. i gave instructions on the second part which is the most important part. thanx though =)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"A run-time error has occured in this program
Line 279 of : Substring index is greater than length of string."

thats what I get when I try to do the admin part.

also man I am doing everything in the right order, its still crashing on me.

In the final screen, where it shows you the ticket, regardless of the cost of the drink / snack that you bought, it shows up the same total price.
$6 hotdog or a $3 sprite, it always ended up as 10 dollars for me.
Ashkani

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey Cervantes
as i mentioned earlier the error you got is due to the corrupted data in database file which is the book file ,, so if fyou jus open the book file and remove everything in it it will be fine..
the reason why you got the corrupted data in database is that ,, as you didnt follow the correct steps maybe the firs time you used it, then you created something which is out of range ,,,
so the order is bascially goes to the second part:
1. Choose Time
2. Choose Day
3. Choose month
4. choose year
(it doesnt matter which one of these 4 steps you do first but do not click a sit yet however you can chage time day month yyear)
5. when you made your final decsion on time day month year then you press the validate button
6. After that you got to choose ONLY 1 SEAT.
7. Click next

i already gave the instruction in the second part but i just mentoned it again.. do this Cervantes and it wont crash thanx
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

k I reloaded the book file from the zip file and it works fine,

I don't know how you decided to write the code for this but I think there should be some error proofing.. like make it so that they cannot choose a seat until they have chosen the date and time and pressed validate.
*SmilePlease*

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Anonymous wrote:
umm about the pop corn and cola .. you can only choose one snack per customer cuz i cared about peoples health when i made this program =P ..

Laughing Laughing Laughing +25 BITS because that is just the funniest thing I've read on compsci.ca in a while ^_______^
Bacchus

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ne one realise that b4 *SmilePlease* posted a reply, this thead was more then a year old?

and yes that quote is funny! :d
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: