Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Coop at McMaster vs Non-Coop at UTSC
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:25 am   Post subject: Coop at McMaster vs Non-Coop at UTSC

So far, I have been accepted to Coop Computer Science at McMaster and (what I think is non-coop) at UTSC.
Which of these would you recommend more (considering that both of them aren't exactly the best programs available)?

Should I go to UTSC and attempt to switch into co-op after first year, or accept co-op at McMaster?
(I would have preferred St. George but it still reads "Pending", I think UTSC is an alternate offer for it.)

EDIT: I don't think I really care about the city, but UTSC is significantly closer to my home so it'll likely be cheaper in the long-run.
EDIT2: Is it feasible to switch from UTSC to UTSG later on? I know that courses can be taken at both campuses but I'm assuming a UTSG diploma would be worth more than one from UTSC.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bscit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:34 am   Post subject: RE:Coop at McMaster vs Non-Coop at UTSC

I really hope you aren't underestimating utsc. If you are planning on switching into coop, I would suggest utsc. Coop should be a requirement for comp sci, and utsdc also has a better compsci program that stg. Either way, you graduate with the same degree so one is not worth more than the other. Also, if you were not accepted for utsc compsci coop, chances are you won't get into utsg.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Coop at McMaster vs Non-Coop at UTSC

[Gandalf] has some excellent writeups on UTSC/UTSG -- try to find those on the forums.

Understand that co-op is an additional requirement (and some assistance in fulfilling this requirement), not a placement. Some students require this hand-holding to get stuff done. Others can find jobs on their own, with enough determination.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: