Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 UofT transfer to Waterloo Computer Science
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ishidon

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:15 pm   Post subject: UofT transfer to Waterloo Computer Science

I'm currently a Grade 12 with an acceptance to University of Toronto for Computer Science however I was given an alternate off at Waterloo. My original plan was to go to Waterloo for co-op Computer Science however with being given an alternate offer to Geomatics that is no longer an option. I am still pretty set on eventually going to University of Waterloo for Computer Science however for my first year I am most likely going to be going to UofT. Is there any way that I can transfer from UofT Computer Science to Waterloo Computer Science after first year?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:40 pm   Post subject: RE:UofT transfer to Waterloo Computer Science

Yes I am pretty sure you can, at least the people at U of G told me to take the exact same courses that are required in waterloo for computer science, and then I will be able to switch. It might be better for you to ask someone at U of T.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:58 pm   Post subject: RE:UofT transfer to Waterloo Computer Science

You are definitely better off in UofT's CS than in UW's Geomatics. Transfers are possible, but it's a hassle and you'll likely end up losing some credits along the way.

Between UofT and UW, UW isn't necessarily better, just a different experience. If you are set on co-op, look into UofT's PEY and consider taking short leave-of-absence to pursue relevant employment. That's what co-op is anyway.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: