Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 For people attending waterloo!!!
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SomeProgrammer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:34 pm   Post subject: For people attending waterloo!!!

I'm a grade 12 IB student, and I applied to software engineering at waterloo. However, I got an alternative offer to mechanical engineering. Can I swittch from mechanical to software? Or even mechanical to computer science at waterloo?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:35 pm   Post subject: RE:For people attending waterloo!!!

Yes, but:

1) Mechanical to Software -- you might have to go back to year 1 if you'll be missing any of the core courses. Otherwise it might be a scheduling nightmare to actually catch up. The lectures are scheduled just for a specific class (very little flexibility in Engineering). And even then it will be a matter of there actually being a spot in the class for you to take.

2) Mechanical to Computer Science -- likely an easier transfer, but to CS's flexibility, but some courses don't exactly map over and credits where you earn under 70% (maybe an equivalent of high 80s by high school standards) don't transfer between faculties at UW.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:16 am   Post subject: RE:For people attending waterloo!!!

Topic moved to Student Life.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: