Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Some feedback
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
abrar1434

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:02 pm   Post subject: Some feedback

Well, I haven't been on this site in a long time. But someone suggested I do this, so here I am.

I'm entering a video contest with a business pitch.

http://www.makeyourpitch.ca/entry/11129746-Optiol-?offset=0&sort=upload%20DESC&q=optiol&channel=22636

I know it seems unrelated, just wanted to show that video to a couple of people
here and was looking for some feedback on the idea. And if you could promote the video by voting,
that would be awesome!

Thanks,

Abrar
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Zren

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Some feedback

Pitch: A job posting board/service for "odd jobs" in the local community. Niche: Jobs with no specializations (aka student jobs), that are only temporary like for mowing someone's lawn.

Monetation Strategy:
1) Charge for those wanting to post jobs over ___$.
2) Charge for higher ranked/targeted ads.
3) 3rd party ads.

~

Have you done any research into if people will actually pay the fee? I'm thinking you might end up with just entries under that amount.

If you have no users, you'll have no content. You'll basically have no one needing/wanting to pay for targeted ads. Which also brings up the question as to how you're going to get a userbase.

For #3, what sort of ads would your audience receive? Wouldn't it be likely the ads would be for your competitors?

~

What research have you done on your competitors?

Why would I use your startup rather than, say, Kajiji? It does the same thing I believe.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/f-jobs-W0QQCatIdZ45
abrar1434

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Some feedback

woop
iso

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:03 am   Post subject: Re: Some feedback

You'd need users.

It is quite unlikely that people will utilize this site unless they felt it would be more useful than any other method of finding potential employees. Potential employees will only use it if they feel they could find a job there.

Without users, your site will not be used.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: