Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Programming Club at my school
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cancer Sol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 pm   Post subject: Programming Club at my school

I'm thinking of starting a programming club at my school next year, when I'm finally going to be in gr.10.
Any suggestions as to what to do in the club?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:04 pm   Post subject: RE:Programming Club at my school

practice for programming contests and work on video game projects.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Cancer Sol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Programming Club at my school

Quote:

work on video game projects.

Working together? Should I make the club require a specific language then?
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Programming Club at my school

Quote:
Should I make the club require a specific language then?

Ideally, no. You could decide to do a specific project in a specific language, and teach it to members who don't know it, but there's little enough interest in programming that excluding anyone is a bad idea.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:26 pm   Post subject: RE:Programming Club at my school

working together on the same game is not that good of an idea. Nobody else wants to work on _your_ game. Everybody wants to work on their own game. So you should do just that -- everyone is working on their own project, but you help each other with common ideas -- how to handle graphics? what algorithm should be used for path finding? etc.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Cancer Sol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Programming Club at my school

That's what I was thinking of doing, but I thought you meant to work together xD

My friend that's the leader of an anime club just told me that there's a compsci club already (which I had no idea about) so I guess it's fine now Razz
Thanks for helping Rolling Eyes

There's actually already one at my school, just didn't know :/
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: