Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Random Syntax Errors???
Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:03 pm   Post subject: Random Syntax Errors???

First day of Python! Woo! I got through quite a bit while at school, and used the python they have on their computers, but now that I've brought my project back home and tried running it, I'm getting syntax errors on all my "s! I've got no clue what I've done wrong, could anyone point me in the right direction? The python I'm using on my computer is "Python 3.3.0 Windows x86 MSI Installer" from http://www.python.org/getit/. I'm using the IDLE, and I have a .txt file opened with it.
Thanks!
Nathan
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Random Syntax Errors???

You should post the actual error / stack trace and possibly the smallest piece of code that will produce the same error.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Random Syntax Errors???

I think this is everything you needed:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Random Syntax Errors???

That's the most useless error report I've ever seen. Post your code and maybe we can find the issue.
ishidon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Random Syntax Errors???

In Python 3 + When printing something you must put it in brackets.
code:

print ("Choices:")

I am guessing you used Python 2.6 at your school (just a guess as my school uses it). You may want to double check what version you are using at school and make sure you install that version at home.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Random Syntax Errors???

@Insectoid, The error was just in the print bit, none of the other code was relevant.

@Ishidon, Thanks! I guess we do have python 2.6 at school, I'll download that one at home too.
   Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: