Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DVD Drive Suddenly Not Working
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
randint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 pm   Post subject: DVD Drive Suddenly Not Working

So, here are the basic specifications of my computer:
Brand: Hewlett-Packard 2000 Laptop
Screen Size: 15.6 inches
Hard Disk: 500GB SATA NTFS
RAM: 4GB DDR3
CPU: 1.6GHz AMD E-350 VISION E2
Disk Drive: SuperMulti DVD Burner
Operating System: Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 7 Ultimate x64 (installed September 2011)

So, today, I successfully used ImgBurn to brun the x64-based Windows 8 (multiple editions) ISO to a 4.7GB standard DVD-R, using "1x" writing speed (is that the minimum?) After burning, I attempted to read the disc from the same computer (I have not reformatted the hard drive or uninstalled anything). Nothing happened after I inserted the disc. When I went to command prompt, "cmd.exe" with Administrator priviliges, typed "diskpart", and typed "list volume", I got this D drive (the malfunctioning DVD drive in question) on the list as a DVD-ROM drive with a file system of "RAW"? What is that? I thought that DVD drives always have "CDFS" as file systems. I uninstalled and reinstalled the DVD drive, it did not work, I went to the Internet, finding something with registry keys where I was told to delete the registry keys "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}", that did not work, either. I have no other way to correct this now, could anyone help me?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
randint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 pm   Post subject: RE:DVD Drive Suddenly Not Working

By the way, I put the disc into another laptop and the content is displayed without error.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: