Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Program Installer written in Turing.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:18 pm   Post subject: Program Installer written in Turing.

It's an installer that I wrote in Turing. Just in case you want to make a pro installation with menu's the "Start Menu" and shortcuts on the desktop.

All you have to do is modify the code where I have commented and make sure you put the exe of the installer in the appropriate location so that the user can just double click it to install. Wink

Uninstaller comming soon. Smile

EDIT: If you want to just run it to see how it works, go for it. It'l make a folder in your "Program Files" directory called "test program"
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
we64

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pretty good, but the processing is still a fake one.
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Looks quite simple. All it really does is copy premade files...you might be better of doing it as a batch file - none of the GUI to get in the way.
It does, however save the User from having to think past "Click Here and I will install your programme for you...". Which is always a good thing Wink .

Now all you have to do is add compression capabilities, ala Install Shield. And you're set to go!
templest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I was thinking of using resource hacker to pack files that you wanted to install into the exe. but then, that wouldn't work... unless you aswell knew how to use it... or something. But then, make a turing program to extract stuff from an exe, ohh god. WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO!? This is going to take somethinking. make an installer that's just one file. hrm... any ideas?
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Try this instead:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/

Make your life easier!
templest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You see... That's not the point. The point is that I want to make my own. Razz
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, in that case...have fun learning compression! Lol.
Indeed, what have you gotten yourself into...hehehe.
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That is retardedly hard to do , cause ther is also so many types of compression , like you cant compress music the same way as documents , same goes for videos, ive looked and found its a really complicated thing to learn how to do
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
That is retardedly hard to do , cause ther is also so many types of compression , like you cant compress music the same way as documents , same goes for videos, ive looked and found its a really complicated thing to learn how to do

And the flame count keeps on growing. I don't consider myself retarded. And If I really want to become a programmer I should be able to make all sorts of sh!t that i want, right? So I should be able to make an installer that compresses. Now, fùck off. I'm tired of your sh!t. I'll make one just to piss you off. Check back in 2 - 3 weeks.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

come on people, stop this crap before I kungfu all your asses. templest wants to program using turing, I think it's a good idea, don't tell him that he can't do it and stuff like that. If you have the time to type up that much stuff, might as well give him some suggestions.

I'm sure people didn't think it was possible to do 3D engines in turing or whatever, but look, there is one right in this forum, now isn't that something?

Moral of the story, if you begin to list off how someone isn't going to accomplish something, you can probably think of a million reasons, but you will just restrain them from even trying, and no way is there going to be a final product if someone doesnt even begin to try.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think it is a great idea, doing something that is said to be undoable just adds to the fun when you do it.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair-
some compression algorithms work regardless of the data
look at winzip Wink
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

umm can someone tell me how i flamed him in that post of mine
, because i never called him retarded at all , i dont see what i did wrong, also i never said he couldnt do it , i pointed out that i was looking at some information and it looked really hard , i meade no flame comments i never said he couldnt do it , i made no refeerence to him , i dont appresiacte you guys on my back for somthign i didnt do
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:

And the flame count keeps on growing. I don't consider myself retarded. And If I really want to become a programmer I should be able to make all sorts of sh!t that i want, right? So I should be able to make an installer that compresses. Now, fùck off. I'm tired of your sh!t. I'll make one just to piss you off. Check back in 2 - 3 weeks.

i think this is a missundstarnding, shorthair was only trying to say that it whould be very hard to do not that u are retarted.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wish I could flame someone Sad I feel left out... Sad
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: