Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DutchVader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 pm   Post subject: Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

This game has been created by me and a friend. Basically it is a game where you set up you're own moon colony. We worked on this for quite some time and although it is not completely finished yet we do believe that it is worth showing.

screenshot3.bmp
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.1 MB
 Viewed:  217 Time(s)

screenshot3.bmp

ScreenShot1.bmp
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.1 MB
 Viewed:  206 Time(s)

ScreenShot1.bmp

LC.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  LC.zip
 Filesize:  4.1 MB
 Downloaded:  317 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Ageust

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

I am the aforementioned partner, and i feel it necessary to indicate that this is largely based on the 1993 game of the same name.
Sur_real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

Looks amazing, I don't have Turing on my current computer so too bad I can't try it Sad

Also, why code in Turing? I'm sure you guys are both capable programmers Very Happy
JakeTakeLake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:32 pm   Post subject: RE:Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

I tried it. very cool game. a help menu that explains the objective, how to get ore, etc. would be nice
Raknarg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

Are you suggesting that programming in turing makes you an inferior programmer, Sur_real?
DutchVader

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

We made the game in Turing because, it was a project for our grade 12 programming class and Turing is the language that we used in that class. JakeTakeLake: Thank for the suggestion we will definitely add that to a future version. The game is not done yet and we are still hoping to add some more depth into it like an "AI" (its more of a trigger fiend but whatever) to compete against and to let the factions (corporate , union and government) have beneficial effects when they are pleased with you.
Sur_real

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:47 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

Raknarg @ Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:44 pm wrote:
Are you suggesting that programming in turing makes you an inferior programmer, Sur_real?

haha lol no but seriously though it's not really a practical language. I highly doubt that any one in the workplace (read: real life) would consider making their product in Turing Very Happy
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

Quote:
I highly doubt that any one in the workplace (read: real life) would consider making their product in Turing

This is true, however Turing has its benefits. Mostly, its dirt-simple graphics. It's so easy to do graphics in Turing compared to any other language I've used. All of the complicated stuff is done for you. Of course, that's at the cost of power and flexibility, but for low to medium complexity games it's just fine.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:42 pm   Post subject: RE:Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

Generally if you can do something in Turing, you can do it in any other language (with some tweaks, obviously) so if you're just doing a small test or game or trying to figure something out, Turing is a viable option due to it's simplicity.
Sur_real

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:32 pm   Post subject: RE:Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

Hmm, yeah I guess you can use Turing if you want to but what I was pointing out is that no one actually uses Turing so why use it? Anyways, the OP already answered this question and it's because they're using it to learn programming in high school and I just didn't know that this was for school.
Sorry Raknarg, Turing is a decent language, I used it too in high school (in Gr. 10 so it was really just a primer to CS) but have since moved on cuz I realized no one uses it (haha guess I was wrong here huh?).

Hey OP, sorry for this off topic discussion Very Happy
Raknarg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Lunar Command Remake (Tycoon Game)

Naw it's a mildly relevant discussion

It's useless in the real world, but that's not really what it was made for anyhow Razz anyways carry on
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: