Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 WANTED: Ambitious Coder for TORONTO SUMMER WEB DEV INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
sunchickTechy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:16 pm   Post subject: WANTED: Ambitious Coder for TORONTO SUMMER WEB DEV INTERNSHIP PROGRAM

Hi everyone,

I am seeking a very driven and meticulous coder to join my team... Perhaps that coding genius that I need is you! Wink
If you are interested in applying and further developing your skills in an entrepreneurial environment, please check out http://bit.ly/swdp.
Details can also be found below, but feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions (lea@sunrank.com).

I hope everyone is having an awesome summer and I look forward to hearing from you soon! Very Happy

~Lea

WANTED: Ambitious Coder Upstarts for TORONTO SUMMER WEB DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM

Brief

Be part of an intensive summer program (July - September, flexible) focusing on the web entrepreneur experience. Our team is part of Extreme University 2010 (run by Extreme VP - a venture capital firm). We're in a project-driven environment with experienced mentors, working on releasing a fully-functional, multi-lingual, interactive web platform related to consumer goods rankings.

We're looking for highly motivated, dedicated, and ambitious go-getters. Preferably obsessive, perfectionist coders.

Our office (69 Yonge St.) is located in downtown Toronto, just 20 seconds from the King TTC station.

Meals and transportation covered.

Kindly send your resume, contact information, examples of your work/portfolio, and availability to applications@sunrank.com by 11:59pm on Friday, July 2nd. In your e-mail, please include a brief paragraph outlining a few reasons why you'd be an ideal team member. We'll get in touch with you ASAP.

Perks

True experiential entrepreneurial learning opportunities to kill for
Transfer academic coding skills into practical application development. Learn core entrepreneurial lessons in the most direct way possible. Join a community of real web startups working from the ground up: we'll demo new releases every Friday and have guest speakers every Wednesday.

Don't get called an intern
You?ll be doing real, crucial coding to help develop a pioneering web platform, not ?intern? busywork ? not cold calling, licking envelopes, or fetching coffee ? so you should get recognition for that. The word ?intern? is kind of demeaning, anyway. Make your own title.
Dip your resume in gold
Think of this as a partnership; you help us with our project, we?ll help you with your life/career. Do your best with us and we'll be the best references and staunchest supporters you?ll ever have. Guaranteed. We want you to do great things!

Suggested Skills*

design experience welcome
code optimization and recycling is the plan, so a good understanding of object oriented programming is a requirement
must be able to organize and secure your code and follow standards (messy code that takes ages to decipher is useless)
good knowledge of PHP & MySQL
must be able to write basic to intermediately complex SQL queries
preference given to those favoring code optimization
JavaScript proficiency
AJAX / jQuery proficiency
we're using jQuery as our JavaScript framework; if you're unfamiliar, don't worry, it's not as hard as it looks
if you're JavaScript proficient, you're probably just a step away from understanding AJAX anyway

(*Note: these are not strict requirements, but are definitely what we'll be working with -- and will benefit your application.)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jennyanderson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:29 am   Post subject: Re: WANTED: Ambitious Coder for TORONTO SUMMER WEB DEV INTERNSHIP PROGRAM

I know I am too late for the reply, but I hope you get the best candidate with the required skills.
Hugetanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:05 pm   Post subject: RE:WANTED: Ambitious Coder for TORONTO SUMMER WEB DEV INTERNSHIP PROGRAM

You are more than 8 years too late for this.... And you are necroposting.
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: